Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asdhptt312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2014, 07:01 PM
    How do you get over a broken heart
    How would you deal with it and what would you do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2014, 07:08 PM
    I go back to doing what I did before I met this person who broke my heart and start doing my thing all over again and do it even better. Heart break is a temporary thing that heals with time like a broke bone. Until the healing is doe and you feel better, it's kind of miserable at first, but you get tired of crying and feeling sorry for yourself, and you get back to finding friends, family, and activities that you enjoy.

That's what I do. What are YOU going to do?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2014, 08:09 PM
    A broken heart hurts like hell. We've all been there, and we all remember that hurt.

I'm married now, so I haven't had to deal with a broken heart for a very long time. Since I was 19. But what I did back then was surround myself with friends, concentrate on work, go to the gym, go out with friends, cry a bit, write down how I feel when I was overwhelmed, and move on.

Looking back, each breakup was painful, but I'm so thankful for them. They lead me to my husband, and he's the one that I was meant to be with. If I hadn't had my heart broken, I never would have met him. So another thing I'd do, is to look forward to the future. Someone better will come along, someone that will make you forget all about this recent heart break.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 15, 2014, 09:27 AM
    You surround yourself with friends, you find things you enjoy doing and do them go about your daily life and find new joy in it. In time it fades.
    billy jet Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2014, 08:17 AM
    Been there... you think you can't go on but you do. Time works... no contact works.. it takes awhile but you will feel much better in time I did...
    girl79 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jan 22, 2014, 06:58 AM
    I'm there right now.

Surround yourself with friends, have nice long baths, exercise, don't contact the person, go out, get your hair done, buy some new clothes...

This is what I'm being told. But I can't actually bring myself to do any of these things right now. I am sitting in my pyjamas at 2pm on this. I am supposed to be studying for an exam that I've got tomorrow, also I've got an assignment due today, I missed a doctor's appointment and I really need to shower. I feel like CRAP!

But in saying this, it's not my first break up. I got over it before. I will get over it again. It doesn't stop the pain but at least I know it doesn't last forever at this level. It does fade with time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2014, 07:38 AM
    You break off contact with that person, put away any photos, stop following them on Facebook or QQ or what ever you follow them on.

You go on with life, you don't miss appointments, it hurts, but locking yourself away is just making it worst

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken heart [ 12 Answers ]

All threads have been merged Okay mee and this boy had known each other for 3 years, we both liked each other but the other one always had a girlfriend or a boyfriend. We finnaly were free and over our past relationships and we decided to get together, we fell in love and we were the...

Broken heart [ 2 Answers ]

Mildred, 93, was despondent over the recent death of her husband Earl, So she decided to just kill herself and join him in death. Thinking it would be best to get it over with quickly, she took out Earl's old Army pistol and made the decision to shoot herself in the heart since it was ...

Heart broken [ 3 Answers ]

I meet LU December 06! We got hooked up fast... our relationship lasted until July 07 I found out he cheated on me with HIS X girlfriend! And that s not all he ended up moving back with her he is 15 yr older than me!! At the time I taught he did it because I Wasn't stable at All! I taught she...

Heart Broken [ 3 Answers ]

Well, Where do I start well it was December 2006 me and my friend went to a party at the club down the road :) , and we saw some friends (boys) we hadn't seen in awhile and they had some new friends they brought to the party, and I got talking to one of them called shaun he sounded so sweet and...

Help for broken heart [ 61 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first post here. I'm having a hard time getting over the breakup with my boyfriend of 2 yrs. We had a good relationship, had fun with each other, etc. 8 months. Ago he decided to move out of state and accepted a new job and wanted me to move with him as soon as I could find a...

View more questions Search