Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trigger185 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
    One dark red bump in cheek of mouth
    This mourning I woke up with a pretty big, dark red colored bump inside my mouth on my cheek. I looks like a blood blister but isn't, its so dark it looks black. It looks to be perfectly round. I looked at pictures of hpv and they are all white and nothing like the color of the one in my mouth. Any suggestions as to what it might be? I am a male and haven't had oral sex. Could I have got an std from kissing? The only other thing I could think it could be from is that I went to the dentist and got a cleaning and then got a filling in which they numbed the one side of my face but that was the opposite side then the side this bump is on.
    curtis_osambo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 12:16 PM
    I also woke up this morning with a similar blister bump that looks almost black. Did you ever figure out what it was?
    trigger185 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
    No it just went away two days later and haven't seen it since
    lost123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Hey.. I have that now.. I'm kind of worried,. wondering what it is...
    jokop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Hi
    I just want to say I have the same thing
    A red blister full of blood in the inner side of my chick. No pain.
    I just happaned to search in Google for it and came here. Registered. Left my mark.
    Hope we'll live
    Cheers
    Bye
    john1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Anyone find out what this is? I think I have it too.
    sinceiwas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jokop
    Hi
    a red blister full of blood in the inner side of my chick. no pain.
    I just happaned to search in google for it and came here. registered. left my mark.
    Pretty much the same here. Anyone know what it could possibly be?
    karinn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger185
    This mourning i woke up with a pretty big, dark red colored bump inside my mouth on my cheek. I looks like a blood blister but isnt, its so dark it looks black. It looks to be perfectly round. I looked at pictures of hpv and they are all white and nothing like the color of the one in my mouth. Any suggestions as to what it might be? I am a male and havnt had oral sex. Could i have got an std from kissing? The only other thing i could think it could be from is that i went to the dentist and got a cleaning and then got a filling inwhich they numbed the one side of my face but that was the opposite side then the side this bump is on.

Have you found out what this is since I think I have exactely the same?
    sinceiwas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 01:43 AM
    And now tonight it's gone. Had it for two days. I'm still bothered by its appearance and the fact that I can't find much information on what it may be. A blood blister, maybe? And if so caused by what? :confused:
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Apr 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Could it have been a cold sore?
    Uninsured Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 01:46 AM
    Hi guys, I just got back from the club, and I also found a black blister inside my mouth. It's the first time this has happened to me. The dot is completely round, deep dark red, almost black in coloring, and about 3 to 5mm (0.11-0.19in) in diameter; it felt like a little bump inside my mouth. To be precise, inside my right cheek... now, I read a lot of comments just now, in webmd.com and some other blogs, and I found the one that says it's a blood blister to be the most possible option. I haven't had sex, or oral sex, or even kissed any girls in like... two... maybe month and a half, and I used protection, and all that (TMI?. just so you don't get scared like me, and think it's something worse... ), I have been stressed due to personal problems, and I also, could have bitten my cheek while sleeping since I've had a bit of insomnia for the past month, so I get lots of sleep during the day (probably drooling with my tongue out :D ), I also got a puppy recently, and I thought, hummm... maybe it's got something to do with the new dog... but to make the long story short, I just popped the blister :eek:!! It's O.K people, it didn't hurt at all. I rinsed it with water, and imagine that you have a small cut inside your mouth... that's the only "pain" but it's very small. Right after I popped it, a drop of blood came out, I tried squeezing some more, but only the drop was all I got. I'm not into feeling pain and all that crap, leave it to the bipolars :p, I just was really curious of what it was. Anyway, right now I'm about to rinse my mouth with Listerine, (mouthwash... I don't know how popular is that brand in other countries) and, give me 30 seconds, I'll be right back to tell you what happens... OK, I'm back, and nothing happened, just the usual tingling sensation. I'll post another comment tomorrow and in the following days to let you know what's happened. I hope this is helpful for other people who've just found that little bump inside their cheeks. And just for the record, I'm not a doctor, so, if you think you need to see one, do that... I also hope it's nothing to be worried about :confused:
    looking2answersjen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 05:36 PM
    HEY

I also have this dark red sore like thing on my inside cheek. Its not painful and I found it yesterday and I'm really worried. Does anyone else smoke?? I smoke, but its not white or anything just really dark red, borderline black... googled and found this..

Anyone have an answeR?? :( :confused: :( :confused: :(
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2008, 09:26 PM
    It's probably a blood blister. If it changes in size or colour in the next week or 2 have it checked out by your dentist!
    sunrise34758 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Sorry to intrude men, but I myself just woke up with this same red bump in my mouth. I haven't kissied anyone lately at all, I'm still a virgin and have nt had any intimacy of any kind. I kind of felt it forming but I just thought my skin was peeling. So if you guys figure out what it is, please let me know.
    JJ752 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Hi I found exactly the same today inside my mouth on my right cheek, painless also, very dark red and near enough black. Looked up images of mouth ulcers and even mouth cancer! (as I smoke) but it doesn't seem to look like those thankfully... Only thing is I want to know what it is... I decided to Google the words "I have a dark coloured spot inside my mouth" and to my amazement I found it here... I feel a lot more relaxed now seeing that I'm not alone and there hasn't been many or any people write back to say it's still there or they've had it diagnosed.. Wait a minute.. that might not be such a good thing after all lol... Where are you all? Am I going to die in the next few days? Haha Just kidding... I will write back with progress updates :)
    bobsyouruncle55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Try this chart.

Mouth Problems -- familydoctor.org

I suggest you Google mucocele.
    nikhilb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 11:04 AM
    I have found a blood blister in the inside of my left cheek this morning. Its painless, but looks serious. I also found black spots on some parts of my body e.g legs and back. This was the first time I was experiencing something like this and was very concerned. I searched on internet and could not find much information. I consulted a physcian. Considering I had a viral fever 2days back, I was diagnosed with post viral fever I.T.P. (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura). This occurs due to reduced count of platelets. I am asked to do a blood test for platelet count tomorrow. For more information on ITP, see Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    poiyut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Hey, I found this website because I too have a small dark red bump on the left side of my cheek this morning. Did all you guys found out in the morning too? Well, the thing is that I don't smoke, never had any form of sexual contact with anyone else before, and never kiss anyone else at all before... Has anyone found out what it is?? I will wait until two days before I pop this sh!t by hand...
    missjk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Quote:
    Question: What medical condition causes blood blisters to occur in the mouth, on the tongue, and on the inside of the cheeks?
    Answer: Countless conditions can cause blood blisters. To find out which one is the culprit, you need to pay attention to how severe the blisters are, and how often they come and go. You may also need a diagnosis from your doctor.

"If you find one or two that heal up within a week, it may be something as simple as stress, or biting or burning your cheek, and you probably don't need to worry," says Dr. G. Scott Heron, an assistant professor of dermatology at Stanford University. "But if it's recurring all the time -- and if you get multiple sores in your mouth -- you should seek treatment right away from a dermatologist or an oral biologist."

Recurrent blood blisters could signal problems that necessitate medical treatment. The most common of these is oral herpes, a viral infection that flares up periodically and has no known cure. Oral herpes signals its arrival with tingling or discomfort (a prodome) where a blister is about to appear. Soon afterward, blisters erupt on the tongue, the gums, or the cheeks.

Herpes sores commonly appear on the palate, starting as small blisters that soon run together to form one painful, large sore. Flare-ups can be triggered by stress, food allergies, dental treatment, mouth injury, or sunburn on the lips. Taking vitamin C during the prodome may help clear up ensuing sores faster. And taking herpes medication like acyclovir (sold under the brand name Zovirax) will inhibit the reproduction of the virus that causes the blood blisters in the first place.

If herpes isn't the trouble, you may be infected with some other virus. Or you may be having an adverse reaction to medication. You could even have one of the rare genetic disorders (like epidermolysis bullosa, pemphagus, and pemphagoid) that cause blood blisters in the mouth.

For a precise diagnosis, you'll need to see a doctor. In the meantime, if the blisters sting or itch, you may want to treat them with an over-the-counter mouth sore treatment like Orabase or Zilactin.
    vic1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 09:55 PM
    Ahh well I have the sammmeee thing lol, I'm sure its nothing unless it starts growing hairs xD I wouldn't worry about it ^_^ then again I guess I am 16 and don't really know much of anything, but ahhh, Chances are its just a blood filled Cold sore or something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

One red bump on head of penis [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I just recently got a red bump on the tip of my penis. Its round but does not hurt in any way. It won't pop like a zit but just hardly bleed instead when I tried ripping it off. I had oral sex about 2 months ago and haven't had sex since. There is just one bump and it hasn't got bigger or...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Red bump on vaginal area [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with HPV 5 years ago, had one outbreak, one treatment of freezing, and nothing ever since. All of the pics I have looked at of HPV and herpes look nothing like what I have. It's a hard red bump, didn't itch that bad the first week, but does a little now. My husband only had one...

Kind of red bump on my penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 15 years old, and I was wacking off a couple days ago, and felt this bump, it's like the color of my penis. I'm circumsized. I don't know if that makes a difference. What should I do? Could someone PLEASE give me some advice, I'm like freaking out here. I don't want to loose my dick.

Dark spots around face and mouth [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get rid of dark spots on my face?

View more questions Search