Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruthy9193 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 07:11 PM
    U know what I appreciate Ur help but don't ever talk to me like that I understand what you are trying to say but acting like a b word doesn't get me no where and yes she said to make an appointment for tomorrow and so we can talk about the payment plan so THANK U AND GOOD BYE
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 17, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthy9193 View Post
    U know what I appreciate Ur help but don't ever talk to me like that I understand what you are trying to say but acting like a b word doesn't get me no where and yes she said to make an appointment for tomorrow and so we can talk about the payment plan so THANK U AND GOOD BYE
    I told you the truth, and only the truth. You need to hear the truth. I wasn't being a "b word" I was telling you how serious this is, and that your dog could die because of this. Yes, that's hard to hear, but would you rather I tell you it's all going to be okay, she'll be fine, and then she dies?

At least by telling you the truth I got you to make an appointment with a vet. If your dog survives because of that, I'm okay with you thinking I'm a "b word". Like I said, I don't care about how you feel about any of this, I care about your dog. Someone has to be her voice, someone has to make you do the right thing. She can't, so I did.

I do hope she's okay. Not for your sake, but because she deserves to live. She also deserves to be protected, which means getting her vaccinated, and putting money aside so that when things like this happen, you can take her to the vet. She deserves a good life. Being loved, being fed, and being allowed to sleep in your bed, isn't enough to give her a good life.

When I see posts like this they bother me. I will never understand why people bring home a living breathing being they can't afford to take care of.

Good luck to your pup.

And really, do get the pedialyte. It could be the difference between life and death tonight.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Actually... a chronically vomiting dog should not be encouraged to drink. Pedialyte works for diarrhea, really.. not vomiting.

The signs of parvo don't necessarily have to be bloody diarrhea. Lethargy, vomiting, diarrhea (lose stool) and going off feed are a pretty good indication that the puppy may have parvo.

Next time you get a dog, you need to research and read about the proper care of a dog. Vaccines and veterinary care are a HUGE part of caring for a dog. I hope you are planning on spaying her as well. For some reason, I have a feeling you're the irresponsible owner that cannot keep an in-tact female contained well enough to avoid pregnancy.

I wouldn't go so far as to say this is neglect.. irresponsible ownership? Totally!

Dogs cost money.. Cats cost money... yes life does happen and people lose their jobs or don't have enough money for expensive surgeries or expensive food... but to not even vaccinate the dog when you can purchase vaccines at feed stores for LOW COST. Or how about all the low cost vaccine clinics designed around people in your situation, along with low cost spay/neuter clinics that also provide low cost vaccines

Bottom line is, there are so many things set in communities to help low income families care for their dogs. Is it fancy? No. Does it do the job? Yes.

I truly hope your puppy doesn't have parvo, for the dogs sake and your financial situation's sake. But I hope you have learned your lesson and realize that animals cost money, even free animals cost money.
    ruthy9193 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 08:11 PM
    My dog doesn't need to get spayed she is my only dog and besides I have an appointment for her tomorrow
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2013, 09:39 PM
    Your dog does need to get spayed. Female dogs are prone to getting breast cancer and ovarian cancer. I've seen it many times.. nice healthy dogs getting sick and having to be put to sleep due to cancer caused by being intact. Its not something anyone made up... do your own research and you'll see for yourself... Not to mention that intact females are at risk of getting pyometra.. and that Is deadly AND expensive to fix... But continue being ignorant...

Poor dog..
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Nov 18, 2013, 01:41 AM
    Your posts have shown us how much you care for your dog. Poor pup. If you truly loved her like a child you would listen and have her at a vet come hell or high water. She would be getting vet care for needles and check ups and you would spay her for her future health and to help with the over population of dogs.
    Your words speak volumes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My puppy doesn't want to eat or drink anything and is throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is only a month and 3 weeks and hasn't been eating or drinking anything... she doesn't want to play and is sleeping a lot. She throws up white and yellow stuff and poops brown waterey stuff. What should I do? I don't have money for a vet.

My dog doesn't eat or drink water and very weak [ 1 Answers ]

Please my dog maltese half poodle I fed him junk food his very weak won't eat even drink when he sees food he gets excited please answer me his still a puppy 5months help his very thin I.. :( please

My dog was throwing up foam and now will not eat or drink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just got a Min Pin a week ago (7 years old, no idea if she has had any shots and the previous owners said she had a cough her whole life ) and for the first few days, she was the perfect dog. Then the third day she peed on the floor. I thought it was because I did not take her out in the...

Dog throwing up, won't stop drink water? [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is a Curly Coated Retriever and is 7 years old. He has been throwing up all day. Most of the throw up has had some yellow in it, but other then that it was clear. He has been acting very sluggish and both his ears are really red, but don't seem infected. He won't eat anything not even his...

Dog doesn't drink enough water [ 6 Answers ]

How can I get my dog rex to drink more water. He doesn't seem to drink enough, even if he's panting really hard he won't drink very much.

View more questions Search