Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommaof2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Apr 6, 2007, 08:11 AM
    How long does hydrocodone stay in the urine?
    I have a drug test coming up and I don't have a script for the pain medication I take. I just wondered hw long it would stay in my urine. I hope someone can help, I have looked all over the internet for answers and all I get is info on how to order the pills! Thanks.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 08:27 AM
    1-6 days is what I was told... are you on this because of child birth? Or other reason if you don't mind me asking. It is highly addictive...
    mommaof2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Apr 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
    I was in a bad accident with my truck. I rolled it 3 times and broke several bones. The doc gave me pain meds for a while then abrubly cut me off. I know I might sound addicated but the physical therpy doesn't help and it hurts like hell.. so I take lortabs to help with the pain. I was told that 48 to 72 hours by most pepole. Do you know a website I can look for myself?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 09:10 AM
    No website... I was just told by my doctor after having my 1st child. Here is another thread on this website where J_9 gives a good answer. Her answers are generally very acurate and helpful.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...tem-75910.html
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Percocet and Lortab are opoid anagelsics, and according to my textbook (Keltner & Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference) they can be detected anywhere from 1 - 7 days in the urine and blood.

One must also take into account length of usage, how often used, body size and weight among a few other things.

This is your answer. I am sorry I do not have an accurate website for this, but it did come out of a drug reference book that doctors and nurses use.

Most likely the doc cut you off immediately because he felt you were becoming addicted. It sounds as though you have. There are other meds out there that are not quite as addictive. Have you gone back to see your doc about this pain?

Do you realize that the pain is caused by your neurotransmitters in your brain and that they have become addicted to the opioids, thus causing pain. Once you detox from the substance and your neurotransmitters return to normal function you will notice substantially less pain.
    candicene3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Percocet and Lortab are opoid anagelsics, and according to my textbook (Keltner & Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference) they can be detected anywhere from 1 - 7 days in the urine and blood.

One must also take into account length of usage, how often used, body size and weight among a few other things.

This is your answer. I am sorry I do not have an accurate website for this, but it did come out of a drug reference book that doctors and nurses use.

Most likely the doc cut you off immediately because he felt you were becoming addicted. It sounds as though you have. There are other meds out there that are not quite as addictive. Have you gone back to see your doc about this pain?

Do you realize that the pain is caused by your neurotransmitters in your brain and that they have become addicted to the opioids, thus causing pain. Once you detox from the substance and your neurotransmitters return to normal function you will notice substantially less pain.
    This is a bit off topic but I had to respond to this,, although the info posted above started on target it declined as I continued reading,, No doctor with any heart or compassion would give a person in a serious car crash an opiate for a significant amount of time,, allow them to become addicted,, and then just cut them off. Most physicians will wean you off an addictive medication,, especially when the pain from your accident is severe and will likely continue off and on for the durration of your life. A Pain management support group is something any good doctor should also suggest and assist you in acquiring.

Just to make a point,, No person on this earth can take an opiate long term and not become physically addicted,, when this person above made the statement "Most likely the doc cut you off immediately because he felt you were becoming addicted." It just struck a cord with me. The doctor is very aware that the patient may become addicted when they write the prescription. Too often they never tell the patient this. This isn't like Cocaine where a lot of it is craving. Opiate addiction is physical, its not like the patient has an addictive gene or something. Physical addiction is unavoidable when opiates are taken for long periods. The brain no longer produces the chemicals that the meds are providing and when the medication is halted your body begins to exhibit withdrawal symptoms. Its not pain. Opiate withdrawal is not pain the way a back ache is pain. Its misery of a different kind. Misery that you've never experienced unless you've been there. It's like Hell on earth.

I worked at Hopkins for 6 years and I saw people suffer horribly from withdrawal. To the point where they wanted to die. I once met a girl who had been taking benzodiazapines for 2 weeks, her doctor never mentioned that they were addictive. Never warned her about the danger of this drug. This doctor had met her one time before prescribing this drug to her. By the way, she went to him for PMS.

During the two weeks she was taking the drug she had become forgetful, disorganized, and sluggish,, this progressed until she was slurring her words and hallucinating. It impaired her to the point that she didn't even know what she was doing. This drug builds up in your system over time. And its so gradual that the person who is impaired doesn't realize they are becoming incapacitated. She took it at night before bed to help her sleep. She Woke up the next day and each day became worse. By the end of the two weekes, She had severe emnesia, she couldn't remember what she did 5 min before. She passed out at the wheel of her car. She wasn't hurt, but she was very lucky. This happened on a busy interstate in rush hour traffic. The girl ended up with a DWI and she suffered for 5 days with severe withdrawal symptoms. But it could have been a lot worse. She could have killed someone or killed herself.
    lorileighcole Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9

THIS GIRL KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT WHEN IT COMES TO IT BECOMING PSYCHOLOGICAL... detox... and you'll see

Sorry, I don't want for it to sound like I am minimizing your pain OT that detox is easy!! I am terrified to EVER have to detox from oxycodone... dr. says not to worry cause I will be on it the rest of my life!! I have a severe disease. Love to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace burner does not stay long and goes out [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace burner does not stay long. I had my pilot light goes out. I lit the pilot light and it works. And as soon as I put the wall thermostat on ON position for heat, I can see the burner starts with the normal flame. But after 30 seconds burner flame goes off as well the pilot light goes out...

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

If u took three hydrocodone in a three week period, would they shoe in a salivia sample two weeks after the last dose?

Methodone, how long its stays in urine [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was on methodone treatment for a year, how long will this show up in her urine?

How long do I stay devoted wife? [ 7 Answers ]

My husband and I have been separated for 8 months. We have 3 children total, but none together. We have been married for less than three years. Well, he kicked me out on my butt eight months ago, and still hasn't filed for a divorce. The first few months were very hard, and we argued a lot. ...

How long must they stay? [ 1 Answers ]

What period must I allow my tenants to 'stay' in my residence after being served with an eviction notice for non-payment of rent? Is the time frame the same throughout the State of Texas or does it vary by county?

View more questions Search