Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy_roach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 01:45 AM
    Finding out if someone claimed my child on their taxes
    can I find out if someone claimed my child on their income taxes and also can I find out if they got a tax return.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 27, 2013, 03:21 AM
    No, not unless you file yourself. The IRS also will not tell you how much refund was paid, if any.
    They will just decide which one of you had the right to file, and penalize the other one.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2013, 05:57 AM
    The way you find out is by claiming the child yourself. If someone has also claimed the child the IRS will contact you and try to resolve who is entitled to claim the child. They will not, however, tell you who the other filer was or what their refund was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone claimed my child on taxes [ 21 Answers ]

I e filed my taxes and to my surprise someone I don't even know who it is claimed one of my children what steps do I take to find out who it is and what do I do about it:mad:

How can I find out if someone else claimed my child on there taxes [ 1 Answers ]

How can I Find out If some else claimed my child's social security number on there taxes?

How do I find out who claimed my child on there taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Her name is {personal info removed}

Someone ever claimed your child on taxes illegally? [ 6 Answers ]

I am very mad someone is claiming my 3 year old son on their taxes... not sure who or what I should do>>>>>>>>>:mad::mad:

We claimed non-custodial child on taxes. [ 1 Answers ]

OK - so the exwife told my husband that he could claim his daughter on our 2008 taxes. We also claimed her last year and in 2005. Nothing is stated in the divorce decree who gets the deduction, but there are 2 kids involved and in the past she has claimed one and us, the other. This year, she...

View more questions Search