Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karry26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Is ITU accredited?
    Hello Friends,

I want to know whether ITU (International Technological University) is accredited or not? This university is in Sunnyvale, CA. How can I find out about any university whether it is accredited or not before applying to it?

Thanks
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Sep 30, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Brooks College – Branch Campus is the only accredited schooling listed in Sunnyvale, CA. with The Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) or with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.

http://www.wascsenior.org/directory/institutions
    http://www.ncahlc.org/index.php?opti...d=17&Itemid=57

Under the History section of ITU's website it does discuss the schools accreditation. There are a number of contacts listed who, I am sure, would be more than willing to answer any question you may have pertaining to your educational needs.

ITU - Home
    KumarInUSA2007 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 11:10 PM

ITU is not an accredited school. It is even not approved anymore by BPPVE.

ITU has many out reach agents in Asia saling non-accredited degree there. Here is a confirmation from ACICS.

"
    Danny ng
    08-30-2005, 07:48 PM
    EDBA program offered by International Technological University (www.itu.edu) is not accredited by ACICS. The ITU EDBA program offered in Malaysia and Vietnam are BOGUS.

http://www.minerva-education.org/10...asp?page=proitu

ITU LINK WITH DIPLOMA MILLS

Confirmation from ACICS:

The EDBA program offered by International Technological University is not, and has not been approved by ACICS. Thank you again for your patience and good luck with your studies.

Tim Sloup
    Communications Coordinator
    Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
    750 First Street, NE, Suite 980
    Washington DC 20002-4241
    (202) 336-6785
    (202) 842-2593
    [email protected]"

You can call ACICS and find out ITU is really a degree mill which sale non-accredited, non-approved bogus degrees. Be careful.
    malikyasar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 05:31 AM
    Is ms program in international technological university accredited?

Sep 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
    None of ITU's program is accredited. Both BS and MS. Many so-claimed Ph.D. programs are not even approved by BPPE at all. At the web site of Oregon State, ITU is listed as a degree mill.

Sep 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
    None of ITU's program is accredited. Both BS and MS. Many so-claimed Ph.D. programs are not even approved by BPPE at all. At the web site of Oregon State, ITU is listed as a degree mill.
    paggisalsa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 05:45 PM
    Its 2011. Yes ITU is accredited now.

http://itu.edu/index.php/recent-publicity-regarding-a-nearby-university/

ITU is registered with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) and approved to offer the Master's degrees in several specialties of Business Administration and Engineering. Similarly, ITU is authorized by the Student Exchange and Visitor (SEVP) program of the US Department of Homeland Security to issue I-20s for hosting international graduate students to pursue our state approved graduate degrees.
    Student_Prblmz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I earned my masters degree in 2009 from ITU (international technological university) in sunnyvale, California.

The university is not accredited then.

Im going to file for GC under EB2 with MAsters From ITU but seeing issues about the Accredition of ITU.

* In the website Of "Western Association Of Schools & Colleges " says ITU is Pre-Accredited.

* BPPE(Bureau Of Private PostSecondary Education) which is the Government agency shows Masters Programs in ITU Are APPROVED.

* USCIS approved ITU to give I20 & let students register in there Masters Program.

* On ITU website they say the same that they are Accredited/Pre-Accredited & they are not like Tri-Valley...

My questions are:

*When US EMBASSY in India gave a VISA for ITU for Masters Program.
    *US IMMIGRATION while entering US had NO PROBLEM with the University.
    *Applied for CPT & OPT from ITU GOT APPROVED from USCIS without any issue.
    *Payed all TAXES successfully for the income earned on CPT/OPT.
    *Successfully Applied & APPROVED & RECEIVED H1-B under Masters Degree Quota from ITU.
    *Being on H1B with out any issue.
    Then why this problem filing under EB2 for Master from ITU??

Please Suggest/Reply

Thanks in Advance!
    Vankada Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 06:36 PM
    Members

6 posts
    Posted 05 August 2011 - 07:48 AM
    Hi

Background >>>
    I am in I-140 stage. In EB2 Masters Category.

I earned my masters degree in 2009 from ITU (international technological university) in sunnyvale, California.

The university is not accredited.

ISSUE >>>
    I have till August 20th to respond to my RFE

The RFE is asking for evidence to show that my degree is from an accredited university or not in order for me to qualify to apply in the EB2 (masters category). The Exact RFE words are as follows

"""In reviewing USCIS sources specific to accreditation, it cannot be found that the International Technological University has received accreditation from an acceptable source. An alien who has not received a degree from an accredited college or university does not qualify as a member of the professions within the statute granting preference classification. Therefore, please provide additional evidence of education accreditation for the school(s) from an institutional accrediting agency or evidence the alien obtained the required Degree from an accredited educational institution before September 9, 2010. Also; evidence of education must be in the form of an official record from an accredited educational institution showing the name of the alien, dates of attendance, area of concentration of study, and date of degree award, if any.""""

HELP > > Please can you tell me what is the best way to satisfy this RFE
    Vankada Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2012, 06:47 PM
    Check this out http://siliconvalley.citysearch.com/profile/1082344/santa_clara_ca/international_technology_university.html

"
    07/27/11

Worst college... Worst Staff
    by rroy88 at Citysearch

I would give a nagative rating if possible. This is the worst college I have put my self in. From Day one, I and some of my friends had the worst experiences with this college. Nothing is organised. No body is responsible.

When I first joined I thought the staff were very friendly and helping. I paid the fee and completed my first semester and When I went to pay my fee for the 2nd semester, they told me that I'm not their studet at all and my SEVIS has not been transfered. When I questioned them about why I was not told about it, they realized that my SEVIS was expired a couple of months ago as they were so irresponsible that they didnot update my entry in to the country and my course work. Some how, I got reinstated after 6 month after I applied for one. I finally graduated and applied for OPT and it got approved. After working for almost 6months, I suddenly got an email saying that I did not complet my course work.... I have no idea how they said I have graduated and issued me an OPT I-20, without checking if I have completed my course work. I told them that I have completed and submitted all my course work. They didn't bother to check their records and made me doo all the final semester work in 1 week. I did and now after I almost worked for 10 months, I contacted the university for OPT extension I-20. I did not get any reply or ten days. After a couple of reminder emails I sent, they told me that they raised a request for a change of status from "requested" to "approved." That means they didnt even realise almost for an year if their studet's SEVIS has been properly updated or not. and now they are telling me that they can't expedite the process.... f******* fools

Oh I got an email from them just now, while I'm writing this review, saying that they raised a ticket for the change only yesterday, when I have been reqesting them for my I-20 since 10 days...... See how responsible they are...... man..... from day one I never had peace of mind because of the visa problems this university created for me.

Many of my friends had the same visa problems.....

Now , I'm working where I have a contract for 5 years. And if I dont have an extension, I might lose my job immediately..........

Please don't apply for this university and put your self and your visa status in stake.... pls don't

helpful (0) not helpful (0) comment share
    "
    Divyaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2013, 10:34 PM
    Hello All,

I have read bad reviews for this college dating 2 years back.. How is the college doing now ? I am planning to apply for FALL 2013...
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2013, 07:07 AM
    From what I found out on the accreditation agency, Western Association of Schools & Colleges website ITU is accredited.

The link is below:
    Directory of Institutions | WASC

For additional information just click on International Technological University on the webpage to be taken to ITU's Statement of Accreditation Status page.
    unknown2k5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Hi,
    My questions is related to the topic already discussed here and so am posting it here.
    I am doing my Masters at San Jose State University (SJSU), California and am planning to transfer to a different course that comes under STEM category at International Technological University (ITU) , California. ITU only recently got its accreditation from Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), the same agency that has accredited SJSU. SJSU has very good reputation, however ITUstudents who passed out before ITU was accredited face several issues in getting OPT(came to know from their personal experience) and GC as mentioned here. The reason I am changing to ITU is because 1. It is cheaper and easier to graduate from - I am finding it difficult to manage the studies at SJSU 2. ITU offers option to work on CPT right from the beginning. However I have several questions that I think only members here can answer.
    1. Will there be any issues in getting OPT after graduating from ITU? I heard that there are delays in OPT of students from ITU but does OPT delay depends on individual or USCIS in the particular state or it does matter whether from which university I graduate from?
    2. One of my friend warned me stating that to be problem free while applying for H1B or Green Card where they would do background verification of the applicant, one has to make sure they graduate from a university that will retain its accreditation and remain problem free at least some 4 or 5 years after one graduate from that university. I would like to know if it is true? ITU is and will stand accredited for my entire duration of study there. However, with all respect to ITU, it is not as big as SJSU and it previously faced issues because it allowed students to work on CPT way early. So the risk factor is always there. So does it really matter if the univ I graduate should also be maintaining its standard,accredition or be trouble free till I get my H1B or even Green Card ?
    Kindly share your valuable replies as I have to start the transfer process asap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

An Accredited Online Ged? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction as to an accredited online GED? I just don't want to pay someone that is not legit. Please and Thank you Don

Accredited distance learning [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a university accrediated by American department of education can offer a PHD in hospital administration or other medical specialites online

Is Almeda University accredited? [ 5 Answers ]

Is Almeda University simply a Degree Mill or does it have any value? Accreditations etc. Advice is appreciated. Thanks

Is this school accredited and by who? [ 7 Answers ]

I am attending University of Phoenix online is this school accredited and by who? Where can I look to see where they are credited with.

Accredited? Orthodoxy? What value? [ 4 Answers ]

Since I don't want to be accused of driving the other thread away from its theme I will ask my question here. What is the benefit of a theologian being accredited if that same theologian approves and instigates cruel punishments such as burning alive, torture to get confessions, persecutions,...

View more questions Search