Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbuck23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 04:32 PM
    No drain valve on my water heater
    I have a Jackson water heater and I need to replace the element but there is drain valve so how do I drain it?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Is this in a mobile home? Check the air inlet box on the outside wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking hot water heater drain valve after new brass valve installed [ 2 Answers ]

I had a leaking (plastic) drain valve on my GE hot water heater. It was leaking from the inside of the valve. The small rubber washer was crimped. I installed a new brass drain valve that I purchased from home depot using teflon tape. The valve now leaks from the threads of the tank/valve. I...

How to drain a water heater with no drain valve [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace the heating element. I shut off the breaker to the pump and to the water heater and opened the hot tap in the tub until it ran dry - no more water coming out but when I started to remove the heating element, water started pouring out. I know I can attach a hose to the drain...

Plastic drain valve on water heater. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there. I'd like to replace the white plastic drain valve on my GE water heater with a brass fixture so I can drain it regularly. Before I replace the valve, I got to drain the tank. I've never used one of these plastic drains before. Every tank I've had has had a metal spigot. This plastic valve...

Hot Water Heater Leaky Drain Valve [ 5 Answers ]

The Drain Valve on my Hot Water Heater is Leaking rather badly. Is there anything I can do to correct this short of replacing the Hot Water Heater. This Hot Water Heater is approximately 8 to 10 years old. Thanks

Leaking drain valve on water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a slow drip on the drain valve on my water heater. We've flushed the water heater about a month ago, but now we have a very slow drip from the drain valve. It's dripping at a rate of about 2 cups a week, no matter how tightly we turn the knob on the valve. Any ideas?

View more questions Search