Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rainyknight Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2004, 09:37 AM
    Weed Eater
    I have a WeedEater Featherlite Plus trimmer. I have had it for about three years. It has worked wonderfully well, until the last time I used it, and even then it ran. My problem is that the last time I cranked it, the rope did not retrieve, or get pulled back in to where it is supposed to be. The rope is hanging on the outside of the trimmer (it started when I last pulled the rope, so I could finish my trimming). My question: is there any easy way to fix this or should I take to a repairman (that is what the company's help desk said to do, but they just may want me to spend more money)? If I need to take it to a repairman, wouldn't it be just as cheapto buy a new machine?

Thanks.

Rainyknight >:( >:(
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2004, 09:46 AM
    Re: Weed Eater
    Sometimes you can take those things apart and fix them without too much trouble. Many manufactures protect their dealers and their service departments. The service department where I bought my last car was concerned about me undertaking complex service procedures like changing the oil.
    rainyknight Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2004, 10:32 AM
    Weed Eater
    Thanks. I started to take it apart and try to fix it, but I thought I'd ask first.

Rainyknight
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2005, 06:18 AM
    Check to make sure either the starter dogs didn't catch open or the spring didn't pop off. They are relatively easy to fix. Sometimes it could be the string gets caught. :)
    visionary7 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rainyknight
    I have a WeedEater Featherlite Plus trimmer. I have had it for about three years. It has worked wonderfully well, untill the last time I used it, and even then it ran. My problem is that the last time I cranked it, the rope did not retrieve, or get pulled back in to where it is supposed to be. The rope is hanging on the outside of the trimmer (it started when I last pulled the rope, so I could finish my trimming). My question: is there any easy way to fix this or should I take to a repairman (that is what the company's help desk said to do, but they just may want me to spend more money)? If I need to take it to a repairman, wouldn't it be just as cheapto buy a new machine?

Thanks.

Rainyknight >:( >:(
    When you take the top off,be very careful that nothing jumps out at you!

You will see the rope and what it's attached to.Carefully unwind the rope and,when you put it back,you will have to hold it together while you assemble it.

Sometimes,it takes a few tries to get the hang of it! Just be patient,and everything will fall into place Unless you want to pay someone $35.00 or more!

Good luck and may GOD BLESS. MR. NEIL WILLIAMS
    bigguy63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 03:35 PM
    I have a bolens bl100 I pulled the rope to stat it and the rope did not go back into the pully now ropes out and can't pull it to start it any suggestions how to fix it or do I need a new one.
    databass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2013, 01:31 PM
    What you need is a starter spring. This spring is most likely broken. They can be had from 3rd party vendors for about $15. They are fairly easy to replace and you will save $$ by not buying a new one or taking it to a repair shop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loading line for a weed eater [ 5 Answers ]

Looking at the bottom of a single line weed eater, do you load the line clockwise or counterclock wise so it will lengthen when you tap the ground?

How to load feed in weed eater [ 3 Answers ]

I don' know how to put the line in the weed eater. Can someone help? Thanks.

Feather lit weed eater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a feather lite weedeater. It won't prime... it acts like the hoses are hooked up backward? They seem to fit correctly... could something be pluged up to keep the gas from flowing into the prime bulb?

Craftsman weed eater Older one [ 2 Answers ]

It is a 26.2cc Model 358.798130 Serial D3563021 I replaced the fuel line, it is a one (1) fuel line feed to carburater. It ran for aminute or so. Is there a print on this model I can get. Sears wants about 85 dollars to fix. I can buy another one for less than a 100 dollars, and Harbor frieght...

Weed Eater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Weed Eater Featherlite. I bought one of those replacement heads for it. How do I get the old head completely off?

View more questions Search