Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carmellove33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 11:06 PM
    New Construction Cleaning How to Price
    I would like to know what's the going price or rate for all construction cleaning in the New Orleans la? And what's the going price for 65000 square ft?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 08:31 AM
    Hi Carmellove

You can't seriously think that someone on line will be able to help you with a question like you asked, especially with as little information as you provided?!

Heck, even if you provided detailed information you couldn't rely on any answer given online!

The ONLY way to know what to charge is to have experience in the field. You need to know your overhead and material costs and you need to know exactly what you and/or your employess (if any) are able to accomplish in an 8 hour day. I could go on for pages here... ;)

Do yourself a favor and start with smaller jobs and work your way up. In cases like you present here I have seen many people lose their shirts and end up in court getting sued!

I hope that got you thinkin' a bit!

Mark
    Carmellove33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 01:59 PM
    Well, Mr. Mark I understand what your saying I appreciate you for answering my question.
    Eccles Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2013, 06:10 AM
    I totally disagree with mark and I speak from experienced expertise of 12 plus years in this field. This is how I price... The going rate for cleaning new construction in Louisiana is approx. . 20/.25 cents per square foot of living area plus all supplies.rentals etc... conservatively!. The going rate for any cleaning hourly is from $25/$100 dollars per hour per person and new construction cleaning is double. I don't personally like hourly because the contractors can get a little more controlling with your time even though it adds very closely to the same as we square footage. However you choose is fine, you call the shots!!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 07:17 AM
    You also need to take into consideration mileage and dumping fees. I charge approximately (depending on the job) $100. Per Truck load (approx 1 ton) plus dump fee and gas/mileage.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 30, 2013, 11:23 AM
    It is nice that you are from Carmellove's area and can provide specific numbers for your area... that would certainly be helpful to Carmellove.

However, just because those numbers work for you doesn't mean they will work for Carmellove.

I stand behind my advice to Carmellove... learn the business so you know YOUR numbers. Do not rely on ANYONE's advice regarding numbers from online... could just be some idiot or even a competitor trying to hurt you and your new business!

Good day all!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Post construction cleaning price ? [ 6 Answers ]

Much per sq ft do I charge for post construction cleaning of an office building 4500 sq ft. floors & windows? This is in southeast Alabama

Post construction cleaning price [ 7 Answers ]

I have an estimate to do on the largest job for me so far. Have only done a few post construction homes. This is a 10,000 sq ft warehouse/office with 4 sets of bathrooms, 4-5 fixtures each. Basic floor cleanup(carpet, laminate, concrete. Many doors and garage doors ti wipe down and only going up 12...

What is the growing price for post construction cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

What is the current prices for post construction cleaning project

New construction cleaning price Pennsylvania? [ 5 Answers ]

Wanting info on rates for new construction cleaning in Pennsylvania. Any info would be appreciated. Thank u. Also, are windows included in the pricing or an additional fee?

Construction cleaning price per square foot I have an opportunity [ 1 Answers ]

I have an opportunity to give a bid on cleaning a Bldg. . It was a training facility for construction and there is grain sized to large I-Beam type of a mess. They want a general clean with some heavy stain on VCT type tile removed as best as can with out too much trouble,They will supply the...

View more questions Search