Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandyp7542 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 09:12 AM
    Owner not disclosing homeowners insurance to injured worker
    I was hired by a homeowner / broker to repair a home before a view of sale . I was not licensed or bonded , and the homeowner knew this before he hire me.. I injured myself before this job was finished ,due to electrical problems on premises and the homeowners grandson tripped over my electrical cord causing a tuff fracture (almost severing my fingertip ) Since the accident the homeowner will not disclose insurance company name .He never even paid for the work completed .I have taken pictures of my recovery and this fracture could take 6 months to heal .I have suffered enough with the pain ,is it against the law for him to withhold the insurance company information ? I advised him that we needed to make a claim.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 09:22 AM
    If he won't disclose the information or file a claim, you have to sue him both for pay and for your medical bills.
    Besides, the chances that the insurer would approve a claim from you are slim to none.
    See what small claims limit is in your state, on your state.gov website.
    Use the Answer button if you need help with that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2013, 09:24 AM
    I don't know if there is a law that requires him to give you the insurer's name, but if he refuses, you have to sue and you will get the info as part of the Discovery process.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 19, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Discovery? True, but he can just sue the owner. For all we know he doesn't have HO ins. (I don't.)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2013, 03:29 PM
    If the house has a mortgage the lender usually requires it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowners Insurance Florida [ 2 Answers ]

Got my home insurance bill from Gulfstream and the annual payment is okay. Been with them for 5 years. Also got a letter from my insurance agent Carol agent stating: As you know, I have transferred my book of business to Setnor Byer Insurance &Risk. As a result of the change, I am unable to...

Can I sue a homeowners insurance for the criminal acts of the renters? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a teacher and I used to teach my neighbors (who rent). I subsequently failed them in Algebra. The last two years have been a living hell. They have terrorized me; vandalized me; and threatened me. They have called the police at least 80 times for egregious lies. They beat up me and my...

USAA refused me homeowners insurance [ 7 Answers ]

USAA refused me homeowners insurance because they found a five year old credit card debt of mine that they had written off (5 years ago). I have been (and currently am) a USAA member for 40 years and have had active auto insurnce with them all that time. The cc debt is apparently $6,000. ...

My Dogs & Homeowners Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I live in the Georgia Area, and my Insurance company just cancelled our insurance because we have Pit Bulls. We just purchased this house last month, and had no idea what to ask for from insurance. My dogs are very loving, and sweet... My children have been close to them for years... I...

Home owner liability to injured worker [ 4 Answers ]

I have a cleaning lady who cut herself on a broken jar when taking out our trash. She had to have 5 stitches in her finger. Her husband's insurance covered all but $100 of the bill. She asked if I would reimburse her for the amount. Am I under any obligation to do so?

View more questions Search