Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phouli Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Craftsman riding mower has no electrical power. Fuse is fine. No hour usage display.
    I'm a novice, and there is absolutely no electrical power. Fuse good, battery fully charged. Not even a hint of display on the usage meter. Sears was no help at all unless I wanted a service appointment. I know a tiny bit about repairs since my hubby was in the appliance repair business for thirty years. I have a meter, but don't know what or where to check. Any help would be appreciated.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2013, 01:28 PM
    What model is it could be two fuses.
    Check key switch , should be one hot wire even with key of.
    If not track the wire that's on the hot side of solenoid until you find trouble ,
    Should be red . This wire should go to fuse also .
    Check for power on both side of the fuse , even if the fuse does look good.

Aug 18, 2013, 01:33 PM
    Model 917.28858
    Fuses looked fine, but will test with meter. Will try your advice on key switch, but it's a molex connector and I don't know which slots to check.
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    what model is it could be two fuses.
    check key switch , should be one hot wire even with key of.
    if not track the wire that's on the hot side of solenoid until you find trouble ,
    should be red . this wire should go to fuse also .
    check for power on both side of the fuse , even if the fuse does look good.

Aug 19, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Phouli View Post
    Model 917.28858
    Fuses looked fine, but will test with meter. Will try your advice on key switch, but it's a molex connector and I don't know which slots to check.
    Had a relative look at the mower. His tester showed the battery fully charged, but no amps. I didn't think to check amperage. Hooked jumper cables from his vehicle to the mower. And the display came on, and the engine turned over and started. Yay, Alvin! I'll be buying a battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding mower no electrical power [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman rider no lights, will not start.

Craftsman LT100 riding mower, can't get power to the starter [ 4 Answers ]

Good battery, new ignition switch and new starter solenoid. I have 12 volts on ignition switch side of solenoid, but when the key is turned to start position, it clicks and I never get power to the starter. When the key is turned to the first position to power the lights, they come on and I still...

Craftsman 17 hp riding mower replaced the solenoid & still no power to engine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 17.5 horse riding mower, it was working and I parked it for about a week and now it won't start, the battery if fine.. I replaced the solenoid because there was no power going to the starter. Same preblem with the new one, if I jump the solenoid it will turn over.

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Electrical Current [ 2 Answers ]

When I swiched the starter on, the riding mower wouldn't start. I didn't think that there were sparks to the plugs. I removed the end connections on each plug, took a screw driver so that there was a gap for the sparks to jump, and while my wife attempted to start the mower, I watched for sparks...

View more questions Search