Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vipcablelady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 09:11 AM
    My roommate is my exhusband and he quit paying rent, how do I evict him
    6 years ago I got divorced. My ex husband moved back in with me about 4 years ago and is to pay 50.00 week rent. His payments a spurattiv and lately has been drunk almost every night, and mean. He has friends over and they all get drunk. How do I get him out of the house?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 09:14 AM
    Is the word you are searching for "sporadic"?

Give him a written pay-or-quit notice, or notice to quit, giving him the time set forth in the law of your state or country. If he isn't gone in that time, sue him for eviction.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 09:49 AM
    As Smoothy said - evict him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 23, 2013, 04:33 PM
    It doesn't matter who he is, he is your tenant. Check your local Housing Dept (or their website) for the amount of notice you need to give him to vacate. Then give him notice in writing. Follow up with going to court for an eviction order if he fails to vacate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to evict hostile, non paying roommate [ 3 Answers ]

Hi maybe you could help me: My fiancé and I moved into an apartment together. We could not put his name on the lease due to background check. Its been 12 months and he has helped pay rent or any bills. He has also become hostile and disrespectful of my property and furnishings. I have asked him...

How do I evict a roommate who does not pay rent? [ 3 Answers ]

I let a buddy move into my house, which I own, 7 months ago. I made a contract for him and he has abided by most rules except rent. The first two months he could not pay rent. I made an agreement at that time that he could do work on my house in exchange for not paying rent. In the last five...

Can I evict my daughter who is living with me and not paying rent? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 22 year old daughter living in my house and she is not paying any rent and being very disrespectful. I want her to leave. Can I just put her out or do I have to legally give her 30 days even though she is not paying anything? Can I call the sheriff's to have her removed? What are my...

Roommate not paying me rent, can I kick her out [ 1 Answers ]

My friend moved into my house on a verbal payment arrangement. She has not paid me for 2 months now. Can I kick her out? I changed the locks to my house this morning so that she couldn't come in the house while I am gone to take anything of mine. Legally what can I do to get my money? Oh and I...

How do I evict a child not paying rent [ 3 Answers ]

I have an18 year old daughter who is not paying rent, suppose to be doing Butler Tech Online for high school, has no drivers licence, no job, has been very disrespectful (swearing and such) at me. She does nothing to help around the house and lives like a pig in her room. She is hard of hearing...

View more questions Search