Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pools3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Why do I see black shadows
    My 10 year old son is telling me he is seeing Black Shadows. It is starting to freak me out. He doesn't seem to mind for some reason. He just started to see them this past weekend when we went on vacation to the OBX. Two years ago I broke my back there surfing and we haven't been back there until this past July 2010. He sees them after 8pm at night and usually only sees one but said the last night there he saw 4 looking at us from the window. We got home and he saw one by our closet door. Any suggestions on what we should do , look out for , or be worried about.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 04:49 PM

There could be many reasons including light from outside like passing cars or his eyes have an image burned into them from watching TV or playing a game. Similar to welders flash. There can be any number of reasons.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 27, 2010, 06:18 PM

When this happens have him point them out and see if you might be able to determine a cause.
    There are numerous possibilities. I wouldn't worry too much until you explore some possible answers without making a huge fuss that may encourage an active imagination.
    rcer61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 11:08 AM
    I have been seeing shadows and or dark images of people since I was about 4 or 5 years old. I am almost 50 now. You learn to accept this. Simply put, these are spirits that are trapped in our world. I wish I could help them, but I never researched to learn how. I know this sounds crazy, but try to keep him away from old buildings until your son is old enough to understand what is going on, maybe 13 or 14 years old. Your son has a talent that not a lot of people have.
    Marox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2011, 12:28 PM
    I have had this experiences, if I can call it that since round about high school where I usually see this "movie" out in front of me. I was mostly a quiet child an a bit of a loner in some ways. This usually happened when I was staring into "space". And mostly happened in broad daylight. Several days, weeks sometimes month would pass and then something would happen and it would trigger something in my mind - basically reminding me that I have experienced these events previously or seeing it then. Its like dejavu.
    This has passed as I grew into an adult for a few years but then I one day started seeing black shadows in the form of peoplelike figures. Mostly when I'm alone and in broad daylight. Scared the daylights out of me!
    But it still got worse, because I then started seeing it mostly at night. I also get this very akward feeling when I do, like my hair standing up on my neck and scalp. Sometimes its just the feeling of something being there and sometimes I see it. What is akward to me is that When I do see it, its normally a black personlike shadow, sometimes just like a blurred thing - but it always apears in a pitchblack environment - darkness. Although I'm usually scared and feel uneasy, I now had an experience where I was actually for the first time really really scared and felt that I myself were in danger. It also for the first time had white outlinings where the eyes were sypposed to be.
    Sup3rnatural Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 06:18 PM
    I am 15, and I have seen many of these and it scares me. I have started seeing these this past year... and I still don't understand but sometimes I sense something's going to hurt me and makes me feel like I freeze up... my friend says I been seeing dark wiccans that worship the devil. I still got concerns for my safety.
    fayder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 11:36 PM
    I a 29 year that lives in a house where two people died... 1 committed suicide... I to see black shadows at night standing over me in the dark as I lay in be alone...
    fayder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 11:41 PM
    I don't know if the deaths might have something to do with what I am seeing... or if I am just going crazy... dont know what to do...
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jan 16, 2013, 09:27 AM
    The deaths very likely do have something to do with what you are seeing. However, it is not the people that died that are manifesting to you.
    n44ryl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 11:56 PM
    I have had the same "gift?/curse?" for about the past 5 months now. I did experience a similar period in my life about 10 years ago but it just one day stopped! I, however, am now seeing shadows within shadows. What I am seeing though is very disturbing to me. They look and feel very evil and demon like. Almost as if they are there to hurt the person whose shadow I am seeing the in? It isn't all the time. I have counted out stress and negativity in my life. I am normally quite at peace and have been told I have a very bright aura. Why is this happening again all of a sudden?

Feb 12, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by n44ryl View Post
    I have had the same "gift?/curse?" for about the past 5 months now. I did experience a similar period in my life about 10 years ago but it just one day stopped! I, however, am now seeing shadows within shadows. What I am seeing though is very disturbing to me. They look and feel very evil and demon like. Almost as if they are there to hurt the person whose shadow i am seeing the in?! It isn't all the time. I have counted out stress and negativity in my life. i am normally quite at peace and have been told i have a very bright aura. Why is this happening again all of a sudden?

Because spirits have a will... and choose to do what they want when they want. There is no meaning behind it typically. You're not gifted... just followed.
    bradyjuice Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2013, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rcer61 View Post
    I have been seeing shadows and or dark images of people since I was about 4 or 5 years old. I am almost 50 now. You learn to accept this. Simply put, these are spirits that are trapped in our world. I wish I could help them, but I never researched to learn how. I know this sounds crazy, but try to keep him away from old buildings until your son is old enough to understand what is going on, maybe 13 or 14 years old. Your son has a talent that not a lot of people have.
    Same thing with me I'm 24 now
    emcg123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2013, 06:11 PM
    This has been happening to me ever since I can remember, I thought everyone had this but I found they didn't. I don't tell anyone. At first, I thought my eyes were underdelevoped and my mind was playing tricks on me. The older I got, I found out this was not the case. I was seeing shadow people walk around. It's pretty scary. This happens outside my home too. The other day I was running, I saw a figure run after me. But the one at my house, just watches me. I kind of think it looks after me sometimes. I think whatever they are, they are just watching us. I don't really know. There is one around my neighborhood that is small and not like the rest. It's no longer a shadow, it's a figure with details. I think whatever I have is getting worse. I'm afraid one day, I'll see them all the time. I would go to a doctor for your son.

There is one outside my home, that watches through the window. It scares me all the time and my cat sees it too. Even when I'm with other people, I can see it. That one scares me the most because I can feel it too. Ask your son if you can feel them watching you, or feel there presences. Its like having a person stand over you.

I wish I can get help, or even talk to someone about it. I just don't want them to think I'm crazy.

Personally, I think it some sort of link to a demonic/spirtual world and we are just the bridges. Good or bad, we have this and we can't that.
    tinamaxe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 07:11 AM
    I've experienced that too, its freaking me out. What can I do? I'am I going insane!
    tinamaxe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 07:23 AM
    I have been seeing black shadows in the pitch black, its like there in a different shade of darkness. How is this possible? Where do they come from? Why are they here? Where can I find out more about these shadows? I see them at night, mostly around midnight. There are dark arrows that fly by and turn into shadows too. Help me.
    sunsolaris2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 04:53 PM
    I see too.
    If you want, join my group on Facebook, "Spirituality". It is private, so first you must add me: Kyupa Suria ([email protected] if still cannot find me). You will know more about it... as soon as my guess is confirmed by the esoteric school I joined. I made the group for people that want to know more about this stuff.

Jul 8, 2013, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinamaxe View Post
    I have been seeing black shadows in the pitch black, its like there in a different shade of darkness. How is this possible? Where do they come from? Why are they here? Where can I find out more about these shadows? I see them at night, mostly around midnight. There are dark arrows that fly by and turn into shadows too. Help me.
    Join my group on Facebook, "Spirituality". It is private, so first you must add me: Kyupa Suria ([email protected] if still cannot find me). You will know more about it... as soon as my guess is confirmed by the esoteric school I joined. I made the group for people that want to know more about this stuff.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 04:59 PM
    I am on my cell phone now so I can't do links. They are shadow people. Some people say they are of a different dimension co existing with ours. There are other theories too. Many people say they wear fedora hats.

Jul 8, 2013, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I am on my cell phone now so I can't do links. They are shadow people. Some people say they are of a different dimension co existing with ours. There are other theories too. Many people say they wear fedora hats.
    I saw 1 with fedora hat, I saw a black cat running in my house(it was almost 3d), seen a man running after my neighbour and seen dark SPOTS(bigger or smaller)... Maybe some of these black stuff are our egos. I know that white shapes are our spiritual guides(angels) from my Reiki master, colored sparks are archangels(from Doreen Virtue)-and I culd check that

Jul 8, 2013, 06:08 PM
    Tinamaxe- I too have seen what you have seen. I've seen the blackness of these spirits that can even be seen in the dark. They are demons... and they are all subject to the authority of Jesus Christ. I put mine to that test.

There can be several reasons that they are there...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I c shadows [ 3 Answers ]

I tend to see shadows out of the corner of my eye all through the day. Everywhere. But mostly in houses when its dark. They seem to move along walls, floors an doors. I was just wondering if they might be something else. Maybe ghosts? I would highly appreciate help

Paranormal/black shadows [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved in with my daughter and her family. Just acouple of days after moving in we started to see this black shadow. I want to no if it is someone I once knew and they are trying to tell me something. My daughter said it wasn't here before I moved in . I have never seen this before just a...

Black Shadows? [ 11 Answers ]

My father passed away 2 years ago, not only have I seen, but so has my daughter and my brother have seen black shadows at my home, or even outside of the house. Do you know what Black Shadows are? Are they good or evil? Is it something from my dad passing? Any help that anyone can give to me...

Black shadows [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is sherii and I have a friend that has been seeing black shadows. She woke up this morning and felt something touch her arm and while she was driving to work this black shadow has been following her she has seen this shadow in her car next to a church and at work. She feels like death is...

Tv Shadows [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20" traditional TV, its around 4 years old. When I am watching it I can see other television programmes and adverts in the background; it is very faint but it can affect the colour of the screen. I had satellite TV installed around 6 months ago and I can't figure out if its this or the...

View more questions Search