Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chey23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Pulsating water pressure from well...
    I have an 8 year old well and the water "pulsates" whenever it is turned on, no matter where it is at, or what temperature. The pump also clicks on and off very quickly while the water is running... My pump is a ProSource Plus Pressure Tank, that is submersible. I pressed the valve stem on the top of the tank and water comes out... HELP!! :-) Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 06:33 PM
    From what I see on their website, it is a bladder tank. If water is coming out of the top, the bladder is broken. Short cycling, as you indicted, is another sign. You can try putting some air in the top valve, but I bet the bladder is ruptured. Fairly easy DIY job.
    Chey23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Thanks, we are going to put some air into the tank tomorrow, and look into replacing the bladder. Thanks so much! :-)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 07:16 PM
    In some tanks, you can replace the bladder but 90% or more are tank replacement which has the sealed bladder inside. Figure $300-500, maybe more, depending on size of tank and install cost if you don't do it.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 10:14 AM
    Chey, turn off the power and drain the tank by opening a low level faucet. You might have to add some air with an air compressor at the air valve at the top to get it to drain well. Once most of the water is out, pressurize the tank to 30 pounds or so and turn the power back on. If your problem goes away, and it probably will, you have found your problem, which is a ruptured bladder. However, make sure you check the air valve to see if it's leaking. Be sure the tank has some air in it first, even if you have to add some, then put a little soapy water over that air valve. If you see bubbles, then you the air valv leaking is your problem and the solution, quite happily, is a cheap one. Replace the valve stem.

I have listed a link to the manual for your tank. It appears that you can replace the bladder in your tank if needed, which would doubtless save you some serious money.

http://www.berkeleypumps.com/resources/images/619.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pulsating water [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I woke up to hear what sounded like dripping water. Strangely this sound is audible at all water-outlet locations - bathrooms, kitchen and laundry area. It is a continual noise at about one second intervals. You can feel the vibration on the cold water line in sync with the sound. (No...

Pulsating water flow. [ 5 Answers ]

Help! My water flow all over the house began pulsating a couple of weeks ago. I am also getting "orange" sediment which normally only happens for a day or two after an unusually heavy rainfall. We have had more rain than usual (we're an inch above average) but only enough to keep me off my...

Pulsating Water [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a home six months ago, and recently the water has started pulsating. Within the last couple of days the water has actually cut off while using it. It cut off during showers and simply using the sink. The house is on a well. Any thoughts?

Pulsating water flow [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- I am having a water flow problem. We recently had our 2nd shower worked on (replaced the stem approx 4 months ago). Ever since when you use the kitchen sink on hot water only, the water pulsates on full flow. If you move it from hot to less hot, it stops. Also just recently (last week) the...

Pulsating water [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old, 2 story home. I returned from Iraq about 6 months ago and noticed that at times the water will pulsate as it comes out of any fixture. I don't remember this problem existing before I deployed but it certainly exists now. It does not occur all the time and at times it is more...

View more questions Search