Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cntrylivng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 05:47 AM
    Drive cable on Troybilt self propelled lawn mower
    I have a 21" 7hp troybilt mower and am trying to replace the drive cable. The old one broke off underneath the deck where it attached to the deck. The problem I have is getting my fat fingers in there to thread the new cable in and hook it up to the bracket on the underside of the deck. Still trying to get the plastic piece out of the housing that pulls up on the drive belt, just can't seem to get anything in there to squeeze the wings together to pull it out, also the end of old cable is still caught in the bracket and doesn't want to come out because the plastic deck shroud seems to be too tight around the metal bracket to let it come out. Anyway, was just wondering if anybody has attempted this fix?
    jjj6115 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 10:55 PM
    Just pulled my drive cable today on 21" rear wheel drive mower. First, go to Troybilt.com and follow directions to change drive belt. Take off the plastic covers and pull the drive belt off which then allows you to rotate the gearbox around axle to get a good look at your hard to get cable plastic part with ears. I ended up actually flipping up one of the ears which allowed the cable to pull right out. Disconnect the cable from the handlebar if you need more slack to rotate the gearbox. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 hp Briggs and Stratton engine won't start -TroyBilt mower [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Troy Bilt riding mower and it won't start. The battery has been checked. I think it's the starter. Anyone know how to change the starter?

Troy Bilt Self-Propelled Lawn Mower's [ 13 Answers ]

Anyone who recently purchased a Troy Bilt Self-Propelled Lawn Mower from either Lowe's or Home Depot within the last 12 months - should be aware that there is a Manufacturer Defect with these. Troy Bilt had a recall that happened on 3/12/05 and never notified these stores, nor consumers after...

Troy-Bilt self propelled mower [ 1 Answers ]

I am "stuck" with one of these defective mowers and have lost my recept, ( the dog ate it!! ) to compound the issue, I purchased it outright with cash at Lowe's. Is there anything I can do to get Troy-Bilt to honor the warranty and make the repairs, if not any idea how costly a situation this may...

Yardman self propelled 6.5 hp walk behind mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have trash in my fuel line from dirty fuel and need to clean the fuel filter, does anybody know where it is and how to get to it? Thanks

Walk behind troy built self propelled lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

The self propelled feature in this mower is not working properly .It does not have enough pulling power to move the mower along.Can someone tell me how to make this repair or adjustment.

View more questions Search