Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pete Lett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Rash on arms from shaving
    Hey guys,
    I'm 15 years old, and one day in the shower, I decided that the hair on my arms was really annoying, so I decided to shave them. About a day later, a big rash appeared on my arms, kind of like zits, but no puss in them. The rash has been around for about 9-12 weeks now, and it's mostly gone, but I'm afraid that if I shave my arms again, the rash will come back. What can I do to prevent it from happening the next time I shave, or what can I do to cure it quickly?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 5, 2008, 08:47 PM

Don't shave your arms... if you hate the hair, bleach it, wax it, epilate it or learn to live with it. I once shaved mine too, and this happened. I assumed it was from things rubbing on my arms (sleeves and such) and irritating the open pores and stubble. I will never do that again.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Nov 5, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Probably razor burn. Rubbing the razor on your skin has irritated it.
    lovnmydevildog Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 5, 2008, 09:28 PM

My little sister shaves her arms and my whole family finds it kind of strange especially when her arm rubs against us and its prickly
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 10:12 PM

If you decide to do it again, use a fresh razor blade to minimize razor burn. Use shaving cream or gel, not soap. After drying off, dab your arms with hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball. This kills germs.

Arm shaving is not in fashion at the moment. It isn't wrong or weird. It's a preference. If you continue to get rashes it would be wise to use another hair removal method.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 5, 2008, 10:16 PM
    I started shaving my arms in high school, and I still do! I agree that it is probably razor burn, and I also agree that you should use a new razor and use peroxide after shaving (it will probably tingle a little). However, if you have dark hair you should make up your mind now whether you want to continue doing this or not. If not you should stop now, else your arms will end up looking like a gorilla's arms.
    mmaxim Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2008, 08:15 AM

You should not at all shave your arms.now that you did you should probably start waxing them.Becuase it will now grow back darker and coarser.
    Vision Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaxim View Post
    you should not at all shave your arms.now that you did you should probly start waxing them.Becuase it will now grow back darker and coarser.
    I believe this to be a myth. I've shaved my arms in the past (for 3 years) and stopped now for 7 years, and my hair is not darker or coarser.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Nov 6, 2008, 11:35 PM

I think it also depends on the woman's complexion and hair type. If I don't shave my legs you can't even tell. My best friend's hair (on her arms) became a lot darker after shaving.
    Vision Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 11:47 PM

That's a good point.
    fdjghhsj432332 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2009, 04:44 PM
    You I shave my arms legs... ect it's probably razor burn because that's happened to me be4, just make sure you get your arms wet w/ water and apply shaving cream, shampoo, conditioner, or whatever works best for you, if not u'll probably end up w/ those annoying bumps again.
    OoshieSmooshie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2010, 11:02 PM
    I have the same problem! But I, being very stupid, decided to touch up a few places with a dry razor (DON'T MOCK ME! I haven't shaved my arms before this). I've only had the rash for a half an hour, and I was wondering how I could help take the burn away. My friend suggested Neosporin cream (not ointment), but I don't have that. Any suggestions? I'd like to get rid of this FAST since it hurts really BAD.
    amal. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2012, 08:39 AM
    I have got eczema and today was the first time I shaved should I carry on shaving or should I stop??
    biebersgirl Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Well I shaved my arm today and I'm really stupid because I did it dry so my skin all funny my mom told me not to shave but it just kills plus headsup some girls have something in there arms which is when you wax your arms you get spots all along your arms this isn't for every one but it is quite common unfortunately all we have left now is wither laser or epilator which is really painful! X
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 9, 2013, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biebersgirl View Post
    well I shaved my arm today and im really stupid because I did it dry so my skin all funny my mom told me not to shave but it just kills plus headsup some girls have something in there arms which is when you wax your arms you get spots all along your arms this isn't for every one but it is quite common unfortunately all we have left now is wither laser or epilator which is really painful! x
    You answered a question from 2008. We also use sentences on this site, with capitals and ending punctuation. Make sure you read your post before you submit it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving arms? [ 21 Answers ]

Hey you beauty gurus.I am new to asking these q's so you be a darling and try to answer them.My first question is kind of embarrassing but I have been wondering for awhile,so here goes.OK.Are you supposed to shave your arms? For along time I thought that you shouldn't because the hair grows back...

Shaving rash [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me, I like to shave down below for my boyfriend, I have only just started doing it and the first time I shaved it was great because it was really smooth and soft. Since they have been growing back (as in 1 and a bit days) its all like stubbly, but when I shave that it just sort of...

Shaving rash [ 4 Answers ]

Im a male and I shave my chest, stomach, and lower back. Every time I shave I get this weird rash. I don't think its razor burn, or ingrown hair because its not sore or anything. Its just these little bumps I get on the left and right side of my stomach up to the lower portion of my nipples and as...

Red bumps on arms from shaving [ 3 Answers ]

I decided to shave my arms about a month ago, and am still getting patches of tiny red pumps. If try to pick at the bumps white puss comes out all most like a pimple. They come in a patch though so I don't think it is acne. Can someone please help me The bumps are along my arms.

Shaving rash [ 4 Answers ]

3 or 4 days after shaving my ampit I get bumps under the ampit . Any advice on what to use to shave...

View more questions Search