Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HollieDan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 09:45 AM
    HELP 10 week old pug puppy has blood in stool
    My 10 week old puppy has had a bloated stomach immediately after eating for a few days now. We got him 5 days ago and I noticed this on day 2 and more so now. He gets a very very swollen tummy after eating and poos non stop throughout the day. Some of his stools are very watery and others are not, he would easily do 15 a day. The day before yesterday I decided to moisten his food again as opposed to leaving it dry in the hope it may help. However, the worrying thing is today I have spotted blood in his poo. I was planning on starving him for 24hrs and then boiling some chicken for him to try and solve the problem. Should I stick to this plan or see the vet tomorrow morning?

I shall also mention he is wormed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2013, 10:00 AM
    If this is serious tomorrow AM is not soon enough.

I would not try to diagnose and treat this myself. It very well could be Parvo or something else that is serious.

I would be very worried.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 02:19 PM
    This is definitely not something you should be trying to treat at home.

This could be parvo, although my first reaction was worms, based on what you wrote, but you said he's been de-wormed? When was his last de-worming pill?

When you got him did you switch foods, or did you offer the same food the breeder was feeding him? If you switched, did you do it properly?

It's definitely time for a vet. We can't even begin to give an accurate guess online. I would take him in today, not tomorrow. If this is parvo, time is of the essence. A day could be the difference between life and death.

Good luck.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2013, 02:59 PM
    I would not fast a young puppy, it could lead to hypoglycemia, especially in a smaller breed.
    To the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 11 week old puppy has a little bit of blood in her stool should I be worried [ 1 Answers ]

My 11 week old female puppy has had a little bit of blood in her stoll should I be worried? She's acting normal?

Blood in stool, 2 week old [ 15 Answers ]

We are raising a orphaned 2 week old kiiten,who seems to be doing very well.But today when he had a bowel movement,he had a bit of blood in it.Should I be concerned?

5 1/2 week old pug puppy. [ 3 Answers ]

So a friend of my step father has a pug, who they got pregnant and what not. She was too young to get pregnant in my opinion, but whatever. But we got one of the puppies. Now they said that the puppies were already eating normal dog food, and running around barking. When we get there to pick...

Blood in 4 week old puppies stool [ 2 Answers ]

My german shepard recently had 9 puppies about 4 weeks age and one of the puppies acts hyper and healthy but I noticed that it had a runny white mucus with blood in its stool. What does this mean? Is the puppie in danger for its life?:(

View more questions Search