Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joed19842010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 10:30 PM
    Private proporty wreck
    My wife was at work getting off and the police officer came out and took both information down and gave it to me cause the guy was telling us and the officer that he was going to pay for the damages of the van and he got the body fix but I have front end problems and he said that they did aglinment on it and he did not I have proof of the aglinment so what I asking is could we still file it on his insurance cause the officer said we had 10 days to file it and it now the 8th day amd will they fixed the front end cause it was hit on the front
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 20, 2013, 03:09 AM
    It would help if you explained the full story. I'm guessing here that someone hit your wife's van and the police report indicated it was his fault. You took the car to a body shop that he chose, but you still feel the car has problems.

Did you go back to the shop and ask them about the front end problems?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 20, 2013, 06:39 AM
    First, you positively need to call your insurance company if you haven't already. Let them go after his insurance company for the damage he caused. Don't ger rushed into a deal with the other guy that closes out your ability to get your vehicle fixed properly in just 10 days. You may feel you're doing the guy a favor by not reporting it, but you are likely to come out on the short end of this deal.
    joed19842010 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Van wreck
    Yea it was his fault but we just have paperwork that has his information and his information the officer said he can't to do police report cause it was on privite proporty he choose to towed it to a paint and body shop and I got the van back and I could only go 65mph in the van cause all the wobble and vabration so I took it back to them and he said he would fix it when I got it back it drove like nothing was wrong but if the toe out it will go straight down the road but eat up your tires so I took it to a firestone shop and got 4 brand new tires cause they were on sale will they put it on a aglinment machine for me for free but to put it inaglin I have to pay I have the print out of the alglinment. And picture of the van before and after so I feel like I be missed around on this deal so can I go at his insurance on this and win to get it fix the right way
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 20, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Last time I brought 4 new tires the Firestone dealer did a free wheel alignment. Ask them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 21, 2013, 07:15 AM
    Where? I'm an investigator. I investigate private property accidents with Police Reports on a fairly regular basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wreck- who is at fault [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was in a wreck involving my company truck and trailer with 1 passenger car. I was stopped in the turn lane of a north/south city street. Forward and to my left was a pas sager car whom was stopped and ready to turn right. Opposing traffic was clear and I proceeded to turn left into a parking...

Emotional wreck [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend of four years recently broke up with me over an anger issue I have. She tells me that I've had this problem too many times before and that she can no longer believe me when I say that it won't happen again. Since we have broken up I have enrolled myself in anger management in order...

View more questions Search