Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ct1175 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 11:39 AM
    My Kenmore Freezer smells like rubber burning?
    My upright freezer smells like rubber is burning. The freezer alarm when off but still works. Do you think the compressor burned out?
    cutieepiee33 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Are the coils clean by the compressor?? That should help if not, inform me. I had the same problem and I fixed it for my friend. Keep me posted.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 13, 2013, 08:12 PM
    If it is still cooling the compressor is working. Freezers are pretty basic, cold side bonded to the chest, no defrost. no moving parts,typically last 20-30 years or more. Compressor is behind an access door at the front, side or rear of the chest.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2013, 04:52 AM
    You could have a defrost system problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What smells like burning rubber when burning wood in the wood stove [ 2 Answers ]

I have a wood stove and when burning the old telephone poles that were on fire at one time and put out by the fire department sometimes I get a rubbery smell in the house, any idea what this could be?

Kenmore Washer Smells like burning rubber [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Series 80 Washing Machine and it smells like burned rubber. I stopped the wash cycle, took all the clothes out, ran the spin to drain it and have not used it since. Could it be a belt or is it worse like a bearing. Being without a job for a while I don't want to pay someone to...

Kenmore Advantage washing machine stopped mid-cycle and smells like burning rubber [ 1 Answers ]

The washer filled just fine, but it did not complete the wash cycle (it's still full of water and soap). An awful smell of burning rubber came from the machine after it stopped. Is there an obvious thing that we should check first? Should we check the drive belt? Also, is there any reason, if we...

Kenmore washer smells like burnt rubber and won't spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore heavyduty 80 series washer that will not do the spin cycle as of two days ago. I can still wash but it will drain leaving the clothes still wet. When it is supposed to be spinning I can hear the clicks and I can also hear the motor as if it should be spinning. The odd thing is I...

Burning Rubber Smell Kenmore 90 Series Washer [ 1 Answers ]

A burning rubber smell is coming from the washer when it is running. This is the first time this washser has done this. Could it be a bad motor? How can I begin troubleshooting this? Specifically, it is a Kenmore 90 Series Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer with Quiet Pack, whatever that is......

View more questions Search