Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

May 7, 2013, 01:30 PM
    Is the AT&T Third Part Billing Settlement real
    This is the second notice I have gotten. It is from... c/o The Garden City Group, Inc. ("GCG").
    Nwabueze v. AT&T, Case No. CV-09-1529 SI
    Seattle WA

It has a phone number of 1-866-242-0603
    [email protected]
    It says that it is a court-ordered notice.. read carefully... leagal rights may be affected... and not a solicitation from a lawyer.
    It says I received this notice because AT&T's records indicate that I may have been billed for third-party charges on an AT&T landline Telephone Account between 2005 and 2013, and if we did not authorize those charges we may be entitled to a payment from this class action settlement.

Have you heard of this?
    I'm always very skeptical of this stuff, and most of the time I just glance at "junk mail" for half a second and chunk it in trash right away, but this looks like it may very well be legit.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 7, 2013, 01:32 PM
    It may be legitimate but most of those class action suits are a joke. You read the fine print and all and it comes out to like 31 cents for you when it's all over. I don't bother.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 7, 2013, 01:55 PM
    It's a legitimate case:
    Nwabueze v. AT&T Inc. et al :: Justia Dockets & Filings

But as odinn says, what generally happens is the "class" becomes so large, that when the settlement is spread around, the amount each member of the class gets is minimal. But you never know. I was involved in a class action 2 years ago, that resulted in a $1500 settlement.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 7, 2013, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Its a legitmate case:
    Nwabueze v. AT&T Inc. et al :: Justia Dockets & Filings

But as odinn says, what generally happens is the "class" becomes so large, that when the settlement is spread around, the amount each member of the class gets is minimal. But you never know. I was involved in a class action 2 years ago, that resulted in a $1500 settlement.
    Wow! You got lucky. Most of the ones I bothered to take place in paid almost nothing. It was a waste to even get involved really.

May 8, 2013, 01:10 PM
    Ok thanks for your answers... I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try as long as it's not too much of a hassle. I vaguely remember on several occasions being charged for things on my account that AT&T reversed. I remember being really annoyed by it. Just the fact of having to check my account in detail and be paranoid about another charge we didn't approve, and the time wasted on the phone to correct it and then worrying about if it's been corrected by the time the new bill gets there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2013, 01:11 PM
    Agreeing to be part of the class doesn't cost you anything except maybe a postage stamp.

May 8, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Ok cool, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

80s animated movies part cartoon part real [ 12 Answers ]

It started a movie then turned into a cartoon there were a girl and a boy lost in the woods mee little jon an indian boy pulls bark off a tree and teaches them to eat bugs grub looking things,and at the end it turns back into a movie and all the friends the boy and girl made on there adventeure are...

Movies that are part cartoon part real life [ 7 Answers ]

A list of movies that are part cartoon part real

Part real, part animated 80s movie girl stopms ant [ 1 Answers ]

OH MY GOD. I have been searching and reading online trying to find this movie. All I remember is that part of the movie is real (starts out real)... I feel like the little girl stomps on an anthill... she becomes real... I can't remember much. It is not Katy Caterpillar, Phantom Tollbooth, or...

QRDO - 401k distribution as part of divorce settlement [ 0 Answers ]

My ex-husband's 401k plan requires a QRDO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order). We have settled on an amount and it is part of the divorce agreement. I am told that completing a QRDO is too difficult and an attorney is needed. Considering that my ex-husband and I have agreed upon the amount, are...

View more questions Search