Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laciejklee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Kitten Eye Infection
    :confused: My cat just recently had a litter of kittens. They are almost a month old. All of them have opened their eyes completely except one. This one kitten has one eye open and the other seems so be infected because its not open and has this scab over it. Last night when I noticed it, I used a small damp cloth to pat it just a little to get it to loosen it. This morning it has this whitish puss coing from it. Is there something I can do from home that may be able to help??
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Mar 29, 2007, 11:40 AM
    No, let a vet check it out, especially if there is mucus present. Hopefully, it will just be an eye infection that bacterial eye drops will clear up but it could be viral... see a vet!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 11:50 AM
    This could be something as simple as a scratch on the eyelid to something more serious like panleukopenia. Hopefully both parents, especially mom, have had all of their shots and the kittens haven't been exposed to any other cats so we can rule out some of the more major diseases. The kitten's cornea may be scratched too. Best to let a vet take a quick look and prescribe the proper eyedrops.

Didi
    princes6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 07:35 AM

Silver! Go to any health food store . Put 2 drops depending how bad her or his eye is. And how old. I'm taking care of an abandoned kitten right now she's 4 weeks. And very presious. But for you keep opening its eye. And put the silver in it. 3 to 4 times a day. Or if you let it drag on. Well it will get sealed shut and swolen, I've seen this happen to over 70 cats at my old friends house its not pretty...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 16, 2010, 02:39 PM

Old thread. Closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten with possible eye infection [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have just got a couple of kittens which are now 9 weeks old, a tom and a queen. Izzi the queen seems to have an area to the left of her left eye which has become quite crusty and white/creamy in colour. Both myself and my partner have become a little concerned about this and have...

Kitten eye infections - help! [ 28 Answers ]

My 9 week old kitten has developed an eye infection in his left eye , which emits a yellowish snot stuff- is there a way to treat this from home possibly without having to go to a vet and pay with money I don't have? Any and all help would be more than appreciated - thank you!!

Dog Eye Infection [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my dog is rubbing at her eyes lots with her paws. She has a green/white discharge coming from both eyes and her corneas appear red. This is VERY similar to when I had an eye infection months ago (pink eye with discharge). I still have the Voltaren drops ...

4wk old kitten , with swollen eye [ 4 Answers ]

I have clue what happened! First off they were seen by the vet at 3 weeks for constipation and got an OK for everything! So last week they weren't sick! I have 2 kitten , 1boy, 1girl! This afternoon, I did everythign as usual got up fed them , put them in the litter box and waited , they went,...

Kitten with runny eye [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has a litter of five kittens. They are about 7 weeks old. I have noticed two of them have runny eyes. There is absolutely so nasal discharge and they are still eating, drinking and playing, they appear to be acting normally. How can I get rid of the runny eyes? Is there a medication I...

View more questions Search