Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicabarnette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 07:42 AM
    Can I get pregnant if my tubes are clamped?
    OK here is the deal. 8 yrs ago my ex husband talked me into getting my tubes clamped after our 2 daughter. Well him and I are no longer together my kids are 13,11, and 8. so think I'm crazy but I'm remarried and my husband only has one son and I have 3 we would like to have another baby. I have called doctors and they told me it would cost 10k to have them undone, I just want to know is there a way that I could get pregnant without having to have them undone?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 07:49 AM
    It's impossible to get pregnant without having the undone. Also, if you spend that 10+K do undergo the procedure, pregnancy is not guaranteed. It will put you at a very high risk for Tubal pregnancies due to scar tissue.
    jessicabarnette Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 08:00 AM
    I have been trying for the last 6 yrs and nothing yet. What are my chances?
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Your chances are 0% without that reversal. With the reversal your chances increase to about 30%.
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 08:18 AM
    A tubal ligation, whether clipped, or cut, or tied is considered permanent sterilization. IVF is an option but is greatly more expensive than a tubal reversal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tubes clamped and missed period [ 12 Answers ]

Ok so I had a full month of cramps like worse then normal all of December then January I got period few days early now its start of march and I haven't gotten my period for February I was supposed to get it around the 22 and. I have bad lower abdominal cramps and leg cramps and feeling tired but...

My tubes are clamped may I be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I was almost 2 months late on my period and now I got it I have been bleeding for 10 days and last few days Been brown and pink discharge my stomach is cramping like I still have my period and my boobs are sore

Even with my tubes clamped and I had a period can I still be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I had a period in November but haven't started yet for decmeber I had my tubes clamped 13 months ago when my last child was born but now I'm showing pregancny signs, I ve been waking up getting sick, even at night for the last week and I eat like crazy and my breast are very tender, and darker then...

View more questions Search