Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canadianevan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Can I pass a hair folicle test if I did 1 line of cocaine 3 weeks ago?
    I just got a call for work, and they are requiring a hair follicle test. I do not ussually do drugs but did a single line of cocaine 2 weeks ago, and my test is in 1 week. I never smoke pot or any other drugs, and this was the only time I've done drugs in at least a year or more, am I going to fail??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2012, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianevan View Post
    I just got a call for work, and they are requiring a hair follicle test. I do not ussually do drugs but did a single line of cocaine 2 weeks ago, and my test is in 1 week. I never smoke pot or any other drugs, and this was the only time ive done drugs in at least a year or more, am i going to fail???
    Probibly fail...
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 02:52 PM
    Cocaine is a problem when it comes to hair testing. It is incorporated into hair at a far greater rate than other drugs.

As an example cocaine metabolites are incorporated into hair at a rate 3600X those of marijuana.
    canadianevan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:24 PM
    OK so its not looking good huh?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Nope, if this is for a probation test, don't make any long term plans.
    Quick Question Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Oct 28, 2012, 06:43 PM
    I am actually looking for a legit answer to this question, not a "Probibly fail....." Or smart answer. Less then half a gram two weeks before the hair follicle test. Will this show up as a pass or fail? Or will such a low amount fall under the cut off level?
    drewbaby1414 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Hi Doc,

Recovering addict with 3 years clean until I relapsed on Nov. 3rd in a big way. My addiction has always been with pain pills but I tried Heroin on Nov 3rd because I'm an addict.

Here is the question: I did heroin on Nov 3rd. It was a half CC of I don't know. The guy who gave it to me told me it was a weak dose or what he would call half a hit. I also took three Loratab 10's on the 4th. I've been clean since then and have started hitting my NA meetings after 1 year of not going.

I have a possible hair follicle test coming on Nov. 28th in a child custody case. I know THC is not very detectable but I don't know if opiates/single use of heroin will show up on the test... I'm just an idiot.

I don't know... I've read bleaching your hair/re-dye will lower concentration levels but I just need some oppionion as to what you think my chances are... Being dumb like I am I guess I deserve what I get.
    ringo304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 12:38 PM
    So did you end up passing it I have one in a week too
    malakai84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2014, 04:17 PM
    @ringo304 did you pass? Hope you can reply since you know it sucks when people don't after their test issue is over
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 11, 2014, 04:32 PM
    What differenece does their test results make... everyone is different. If one passes or not doesn't mean the next will get the same result.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 11, 2014, 04:32 PM
    This thread is from 2012. Neither the original poster, nor the hijack posters, have posted since.

If you have a question, start your own thread as per site rules. Don't piggyback on someone else's thread, asking someone that hasn't posted for 2 years, to reply.
    malakai84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2014, 05:12 PM
    The difference it makes is whether I try to delay my test or not, at the risk of suspicion. Based on the information (data), from different people (variables), and the overall warm and fuzzy (my analysis of statistical data) his answer would be useful and appreciated in my decision. There are two decisions possible its either try and delay it or don't try and delay it, so the difference between which one I go with is what it makes. Thanks for asking, if you want to learn more just Google "math" and look for the section called "practical applications".
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 11, 2014, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malakai84 View Post
    The difference it makes is whether I try to delay my test or not, at the risk of suspicion. Based on the information (data), from different people (variables), and the overall warm and fuzzy (my analysis of statistical data) his answer would be useful and appreciated in my decision. There are two decisions possible its either try and delay it or don't try and delay it, so the difference between which one I go with is what it makes. Thanks for asking, if you want to learn more just Google "math" and look for the section called "practical applications".
    Who are you referring to when you say "his answer would be useful and appreciated in my decision"?

I urge you to look at the date this question was posted, 2012. It is now 2014. The original poster hasn't come back, and likely won't come back to tell you if he/she passed or failed the test. It may be that he/s he can't come back because of prison.

Dr. Bill is no longer on this site or any other, and won't respond to your post, no matter where you go online. He is no longer answering questions at this time.

Every other person that hijacked this thread instead of posting their own questions, is after the same thing you are, a bit of hope based on another persons test results. You can't base your future on someone else.

So what is it you want? Hope? We can't give you that. If you're a drug user, and you've used, you'll either pass or fail. We can't tell you the outcome, only the test can. So there's really nothing we can give you in the way of hope.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I did cocaine on Saturday and got to take drug test Wednesday willl I pass? [ 7 Answers ]

I did like a gram Saturday with friends and got to take an urine test Wednesday will I past?

I smoked one hit of marijuana 67 days ago. Will I pass hair follicle test? [ 8 Answers ]

I smoked weed 67 days ago, took one hit from a pinch hitter. Before that it had been over 6 months since I smoked very infrequent. I have to take a hair follicle test in the next week. I am 6'3 with dark hair. Keep my hair fairly short 1 guard on my clippers. Have cut my hair many times 5 times...

How to pass a hair folicle test [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to pass a hair folicle test. Does anybody know by experience?

View more questions Search