Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msangie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Replacement Light Bulbs - Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan
    I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (Traditional Collection, Alton, 52"), which I need a replacement light bulb for. Home Depot or Lowe's in my area do not carry them. The bulb says RHINE FSP13EL 13W 2700K. Thank you for any help in the right direction.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
    You will not find Hampton Bay anything at Lowe's. Hampton is a store brand of Home Depot. If they do not stock a bulb they can get it for you. In most cases you can just go to the bulb department and ask the clerk to help you find a similar bulb. The size of the base and the wattage is the only important number to seek.
    msangie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 09:11 AM
    How do I make suer of the size of the base?

Jan 30, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Take the old bulb with you to the store. I have done a million Hampton Bay fan and do not recall any that used anything other than a 60W bulb. They do make a new unit that used a fluorescent bulb but every incandescent bulb was a 60W. Take the old bulb in and the clerk with take it from there.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
    If it is not a standard base I assume it is either a fluorescent or halogen bulb. 13 watt says fluorescent. While it is true that Hampton Bay is only carried at Home Depot, light bulbs are not brand specific. Take the bulb to Home Depot, Lowe's, light stores, Grainger, until it matches up. I've heard stories about some Hampton Bays using bulbs that Home Depot does not carry.

Feb 5, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Hampton Bay is a Home Depot store brand name and won't be found at Lowe's.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 09:06 AM
    I highly doubt the bulb was specific to Hampton Bay. It is like something they purchased. As Ceilingfanrepair said, most likely it is one of several different styles of compact fluorescents with a separate ballast. The manufacturers never standardized on them and now mostly sell ones with the ballast built in. Finding the right bulb could be a pain. Lowe's are as likely as anywhere to have them. Also regular hardware stores. They are much better about carrying parts than the home centers. You last hope may be an electrical supply.

If the bulb has a ballast that unscrews from a regular socket, you could put one of the newer one piece CFL's in its place.

Feb 5, 2007, 09:23 AM
    I was just correcting part of your statement, "While it is true that Hampton Bay is only carried at Lowes," You are correct, you should be able to get bulbs anywhere.
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Typo, I meant Home Depot not Lowe's. It's been corrected.

Feb 5, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I was at Home Depot today. They have 14, 15 watt straight fluorescents but the smallest round fluorescent bulb was 22 watts. At lewast my local Home Depot was a blank.
    danjaeger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msangie
    I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan (Traditional Collection, Alton, 52"), which I need a replacement light bulb for. Home Depot or Lowe's in my area do not carry them. The bulb says RHINE FSP13EL 13W 2700K. Thank you for any help in the right direction.
    You will not find that light bulb at Home Depot - they don't carry it. You will need to purchase a new ceiling fan w/ a light. I have looked everywhere for a replacement bulb and no luck - None of the internet light bulb stores have it either. If you find it let me know.
    [email protected]
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danjaeger
    You will not find that light bulb at Home Depot - they don't carry it. You will need to purchase a new ceiling fan w/ a light. I have looked everywhere for a replacement bulb and no luck - None of the internet light bulb stores have it either. If you find it let me know.
    [email protected]
    That's horrible. Have you tried contacting Hampton Bay?
    porkchop10000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Clean Air Shop - solar energy products, rechargeable batteries and chargers, air purifiers and energy efficient products for clean air. I have had the same problem, and this is the best place I have found to get the light. It takes a while sometimes when you order, so order extras.
    rebtra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
    EFI's Consumer Division Residential Catalogue | Rhine GX24q-1 Spiral
    Cut and paste the above link. You can find it there... they're about 5.20 each plus shipping.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2007, 06:28 AM
    Does this look like it:
    EFI's Online Store for PNM | Search Results
    Update, I posted this not seeing second page. One more place to purchase anyway.
    tattoome67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 01:31 PM
    How do you get the cover off to change the light bulb. I turn the cover and it will not come loose for me to get to the bulbs. That is what I need to know.
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2008, 03:08 PM
    What model (name) do you have? Normally you apply pressure and rotate until it drops out.
    jacqfost2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
    The model # to my fan is 58020 it says to use 75w JD E11. I lost the original bulb. Can u help Oh by the way it's a Hampton bay fan
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
    This site comes up on Google, as do many others:

JD 130V 75W E11 - JD/130V/75W/E11 - halogen light bulb lamp - donsbulbs - light bulbs lamps valve valves tube tubes
    tjs1143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 07:18 AM
    I am having the same problem, I stumbled on this thread because I can't find bulbs ANYWHERE to fit my fan. It's very irritating to buy a $200 fan and not be able to find bulbs for it. Guess my next step is to take it to Home Depot and see if they can order me some! UGHHHH!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Light Comes On By Itself [ 15 Answers ]

Just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with the remote control for the fan and the light. Old house and I it's my first time installing a fan. Pretty proud and works pretty well. O.K. just a little wobble. After a while of operation, the light comes on without anyone touching the remote. ...

Hampton bay replacement ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan because the blades broke off the original in Hurricane Katrina. My fan is attached to the 30 foot ceiling by an extended pole. Is there anyway to replace the fan at the end of the pole instead of having to get to the ceiling box which will require scaffolding? Thanks...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/Light [ 1 Answers ]

We have a wireless Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light with a built in remote receiver. We can still operate the fan with the remote but the lights don't work. The universal remote has one wire for the fan and one wire for the lights but the original system has numerous wires going to the motor. Is...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan light [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement bulb for a ceiling fan I purchased at Home Depot a (hampton bay). The bulb is a mini spiral fluorescent with the writing on the side being--PLS13 Warm White, it has 4 pins. And is the push in type. Thanks

Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light [ 3 Answers ]

I had to take the fan/light down and in doing so don't remember wiring senario that makes the wall switch work the light portion. There are 4 wires coming down from the ceiling of which 2 are still connected. The wiring for the light is still in tact and marked, neutral, light etc. What wires do I...

View more questions Search