Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ang123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Legal interview question
    Can an employer ask if you have been arrested for a misd. Or felony in an initial interview prior to being hired? Thanks in advance for your response.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Yes, normally at least in the US, it is on most applications you fill out before you are even called in for an interview.

There are many jobs where a criminal record would keep you from being hired.
    T-Ree Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Yes, they can. I am an HR Professional for the government and that is sometimes one of biggest concerns with potential applicants. Please be honest.
    dflak Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2007, 11:42 AM
    You may consider being proactive and pre-empt them. They are going to find out anyway. So if you can get it out of the way in the beginning, things will go smoother from that point on. If you can honestly say something like, "I made a mistake. I paid for it. I want to put it behind me and get on with my life," you'll score a lot of points.
    Fritzane Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 01:32 AM
    First be prepared to face the realities of your job.Know the kind of work and company you are to work for.Don't be shabily dressed else you will be asked that question.Give your interviewer a different impression that you are not that type convicted by your appearance.Please put on a suit than a baggy jeans on this occasion.Be self-less and remain focus and gentle.These are the modes or apprearances that will give a good image to your interviewer.Even if you have been convicted you will cleared of it by offering you the job since they know you are out for a challenging and changing life in your new task.
    tweettweet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 03:05 PM
    No
    SKIPPYDO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Most violations can be deleted from your record after wehatever happened is over.. hell cops can be hired if they have not been charged with a drug offense for over 3 years,probably a better job to get anyway. Then no one can ever charge you again, even murder suspected police and family get off.Casey Anthonry- Peterson killed 2 wife's he was a state trooper.. "SUSPECTED"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal question [ 2 Answers ]

If a bail restriction imposed on an accused individual has been discovered to have been violated AFTER the accused has been discharged with a sentence of probation, can the accused still be charged with that violation even though the violated restriction is no longer in place? Example... if the...

Legal question [ 4 Answers ]

I'm writing on behalf of a co-worker. Apparently, just over three years ago, she paid a parking lot fee with a personal check. However, the check bounced. She assumes she was given a notice by the bank, but assumed that the bank cover the six dollars as part of her over draft fee. Any way,...

View more questions Search