Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hockeychick4123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 05:39 PM
    How to get an 8th grade (middle school) guy to hang out/like you? Jock/class clown
    So there is a guy that I have liked for 9 months now. I told him, (he kept asking) I liked him in March and we only talked-just me and him-once over the summer. When school started(8th grade) he was in 2 of my classes. We maybe said a few words but not much. Than my math teacher was amazing and put us right next to each other. We talked basically the whole period. Not really about anything specific; about the assignment, classes, summer, his hurt arm, the injury rate of football vs ice hockey (he plays football I play hockey). It was a really good day, the next period was similar. And the one after that, well we watched a movie so we didn't really talk more than 5 minutes.
    He is really social, where as I sort of have my circle. My circle is fairly large and I mix it up a lot but I don't say hi to everyone in the hall.

I don't want a boyfriend right now. I really just have a lot of fun when I am around him. He makes me laugh and makes me happy. I want to hang out with him, but I don't know how to start.
    First, I want him to know that I don't "like" him, I just like being around him.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 27, 2010, 06:29 PM

Well you can start by paying a little more attention in your classes. That way you might learn something. So when you stop talking to him in class and actually listen to your teacher, he might get the idea that you "don't" like him and he might actually learn something too. Then after class, you can talk to him about fun stuff like doing your homework together.

Sep 27, 2010, 09:06 PM
    Comment on beachloverjohn's post
    Well consitering we both got an A on the test; 2 of the 4 people that got an A.
    So we must know something...
    Thanks for calling me an idiot.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 28, 2010, 07:48 AM

Sorry hockychick, I am not calling you anything derogatory. On the contrary, I think you are very intelligent. Actually both you and this boy sound like very smart, well rounded, popular kids in your school. And the real answer to your question {and this goes back 100 years ago when I was in middle school} is that I found the popular and smart kids usually gravitated to each other. The jocks ended up with the prettiest girls {cheerleaders for example} and the dorks and nerds ended up with other nerds {well like me}. So in school, popular, goodlooking and smart boys usually hang with popular, pretty and smart girls. So just keep being who you are, and he will "hang" with you. But once in awhile if you could let one of the schools "wallflowers" into your large circle of friends, you will be doing so much for that person, she will be your friend for life.
    marscee Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2010, 06:02 AM
    Welll Just Let Him Be Your Friendd Until You Gradually Start Hanging Outsidee Of School But He Seems Like Hes A Cool Person

Oct 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Comment on beachloverjohn's post
    Good to know on opening up my circle a little bit. Thanks and I didn't really think about the fact that popular kids usually hang out with each other, thanks!
    klg<3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 10:15 PM
    Well, I've had this problem whereas I'm only in the eighth grade. I am actually going into the eighth grade and I've liked this guy, justin, for like, since the first day of seventh grade. We didn't have any classes together, but his dad was my geography teacher, and so I got to know his dad a little more. Justin's parents and my parents are good friends and we go over to his house a lot and he taught me how to play his drums and we shared the same stool! At first, it was a little uncomfortable, but his cousin is my best friend and she talked to him. Justin told her that he really liked me, but neither of us wanted to make the first move.so on the first day of eighth grade, she said that she would make us talk more and maybe we will get closer. Well, my only advice is to be yourself! <3 you!
    saruiz8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2011, 07:46 PM
    Good luck because I'm trying to do the same.the guy I like ,likes me already but I don't know how to make him lik me even more or love like I do wqith them... he likes another girl who is really pretty and sometimes I wonder why he likes me compared to her... help
    young5785 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
    I'm having the same problem almost! But in My class there are no 8th grade guys and we rarly talk... I really like him, and a lot of the time I catch him stareing in my direction... I have found out he has a girlfriend and yesterday I cryed trying to hide the tears , I knew I liked him... but I didn't think I would Cry, wow please help me!!
    -young5785
    tiaa123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2012, 11:32 AM
    well really its lac of confidence most girls have that afraid to do anything about there crush sometimes you get worried that the person might not like you back you never no until you try so you I like this boy and I'm in high school and I started talking to him over BBM blackberry messenger or a social network site and we would talk about random things to get the conversation going and I made him laugh he found me funny that's what most young boys like funny bubbly girls try making him laugh getting to no him better try talking to him by text or social network when you do you will find he likes you and will soon to get a mate to ask you out or ask you out his self or you could ask a mate to ask him out for you but tell them not to say its from you it always works with me hope it helps
    Jpisker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 07:01 PM
    Well I'm in 8th grade and I really like this boy. I only have one class with him. He lives down the street from me. I like him but he doesn't like me in the same way. I really want him to like me. I have liked him for 3 years! If u would put out any advice please do...
    PenguinLover143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2012, 06:00 PM
    I need help on how to get one of my guy friends to like me, I never really thought id like him, I have always thought he was just weird, but, he isn't we went to Tennessee on a school trip and we hungout a lot on it, my friend jacob said he likes me, but I don't know if he was kidding I think he was, and so I realized, I really like this kid now I can't even get him off my mind...
    SexyLadyizhawt9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 09:10 PM
    I have the same problem. He's popular and I'm climbing the ladder... but we talk all the time and even hang out. Like the haunted forest and lagoon. He doesn't think I like him though. Hope it helped...
    jojopie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 05:29 PM
    Yea I like this guy he is only in one of my classes which is art but I'm a 7th grader and he's an 8th grader I actually completely fell for him and we talk all the time he always makes me laugh and I love it when he smiles I just I have never been good enough I have never had a boyfriend I guess I'm just ugly but he is so perfect and I just wnt him to know that I like him but if he doesn't like me ( which he probably wnt) I don't wnt to ruin our friendship- I really like him there's not a lot of people like him in this world and there is no one I have ever met that is as sweet and funny and cute- plus he sits right next to me in art and we get in trouble because we aren't doing our work I just... yea I am literally looking up on the internet how to solve this
    jojopie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinLover143 View Post
    I need help on how to get one of my guy friends to like me, i never realy thought id like him, i have always thought he was just weird, but, he isnt we went to tennessee on a school trip and we hungout alot on it, my friend jacob said he likes me, but idk if he was kidding i think he was, and so i realized, i realy like this kid now i can't even get him off my mind....
    Thts sweet that you cnt get him off your mind
    Kaleenabelcher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 05:56 PM
    I think that you shouldn't be u if u feel that you aren't as pretty as the next one talk flirty/dirty dress very sexually/explicit then hee will notice and want u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in 8th grade. [ 8 Answers ]

I am in 8th grade and I need to do a Science Fair Project. Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP ME!

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

How can my child skip a grade in middle school [ 1 Answers ]

Our child was held back in 1st grade due to an October birth date. Now he is 12 and an A-B+ student going to 6th grade Aug-24 2010. He is very large compared to his classmates and wants to get involved in sports. It seems that he is in between being too old for most leagues or not in the...

Middle school 8th grade [ 1 Answers ]

What river empties into New York City Harbor? ( teacher told us to finish worksheet and there's 17 questions HELP :confused: Please answer my questions)

View more questions Search