Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcummings1967 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2013, 06:20 PM
    false positives in peth testing
    I do random urine drug screens. In a 6 month period I have came back with 3 diluted urines which a peth test was ordered.

Now the Peth came back with a 63?

I do not get it. My last taste of Alcohol was June 3, 2012.

What is wrong. I contributed juicing and hcg to the diluted urines.

I do do a lot of cleaning and am around a lot of different cleaning chemicals. I am in and out of peoples homes.

Please help, this is costing me my professional license to practice.

Thank you
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2013, 06:48 PM
    A dilution is exactly that... you got caught drinking excessive liquids in an attempt to flush something or get rid of something in your system... a dilute is a detected attempt to cheat... and not easily done my accident.

People try to be deceptive all the time... rather than face the fact the system is pretty good at getting to the truth.

Mar 18, 2013, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    A dilution is exactly that...you got caught drinking excessive liquids in an attempt to flush something or get rid of something in your system....a dilute is a detected attempt to cheat...and not easily done my accident.

People try to be deceptive all the time....rather than face the fact the system is pretty good at getting to the truth.
    I have not ingested alcohol simce June 2012!

Thank you - Iam sober
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2013, 07:44 PM
    So you say... the fact is you failed several tests for dilution. That's not easily done without trying to do it to hide something.

Once might be a remote possibility by accident... but three times in six months... not a chance.

Mar 18, 2013, 07:55 PM
    [QUOTE=smoothy;3422021]So you say... the fact is you failed several tests for dilution. That's not easily done without trying to do it to hide something.
    Its not about the dilute - don't care anout that and really isn't pertinent.

The fact is I have not had a drop of alcohol to drink and now a positive Peth Test.

I appreciate your feedback but if the only thing you got is what you are saying I would perfer you not answer!!

Iam sober, no drinking notta!! Sober date June 4 2012 Thank you again!

Looking for scientific awswers and or solutions to the possibility of error.

Once might be a remote possibility by accident... but three times in six months... not a chance.

Toxicology/Forenscic is not 100 percent!!
    Sober June 4th 2012
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2013, 07:58 PM
    Well... try arguing that point with them... I bet you lose. They have the facts and the credentials on their side... you've got what?

99.99% of the people that get this upset are usually hiding something... and got caught.

Its not easy to screw up your body chemistry once to get a dilution fail once by accident... but three times in six months, that's no accident.. . I'm going to side with them.

Mar 18, 2013, 08:04 PM
    Well....try arguing that point with them....I bet you lose. They have the facts and the credentials on their side....you've got what?
    Thank you - in my heart I know the truth... looking up EtG and peth and all this testing led me to this site. DrBill seem to know a lot on the subject and was hoping he would respond. Againg Iam clean this will all come oit someday, there has to be a logical explanation!! Who knows it's a mess I know that
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2013, 08:08 PM
    Dr. Bill isn't around and hasn't been for a while and he's gong to be gone a lot longer..

Mar 18, 2013, 08:28 PM
    Dr. Bill isn't around and hasn't been for a while and he's gong to be gone a lot longer..
    By the way 99.99 percent of addicts/alcoholics would have ran and never got the blood test and paid 150 dollars kbowing it would come up positive - would have saved the $$$ for more booze!! Lol a little light on this bad bad situation!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2013, 11:38 PM
    So, you are wearing rubber gloves when coming I to contact with cleaning solutions? How about your mouthwash?

Mar 19, 2013, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    So, you are wearing rubber gloves when coming I to contact with cleaning solutions? How about your mouthwash?
    No I do not wear gloves and I use Scope Pro. But do not swallow it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 19, 2013, 04:16 AM
    So, your problem is that you have incidental exposure to alcohol. You might want tostary wearing gloves and reading labels.

Mar 19, 2013, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    So, your problem is that you have incidental exposure to alcohol. You might want tostary wearing gloves and reading labels.
    Thank you - Iam seeking an Atty and in the mean time pulling all my produts and pulling MSDS sheets! There has to be some explanation...
    bowsie93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
    I had a positive peth test and had not had anything to drink 3 weeks before. The test is not as accurate as they say .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Peth Testing -- How long is it testable after drinking? [ 19 Answers ]

I am in recovery from alcoholism but slipped a few weeks ago. Prior to this episode of drinking, I had four months of continuous absolute sobriety. I drank on (5) occasions over about a two-week period and I estimate I consumed a Grand Total of approximately 550 grams of alcohol. (This was...

PEth testing [ 2 Answers ]

I have to submit a PEth test today and I drank 3 times in the last month. One time 12 days ago. Less than 3 beers. 9 days ago had a party and drank about 8 drinks total then had one small drink 4 days ago. I estimate total of 240 g alcohol over whole 2 week period. What are my chances of failing a...

Questions on peth testing [ 1 Answers ]

Can a drug like Dexilant cause a peth test false positive?

False positives for thc [ 3 Answers ]

What prescribed meds would cause false positive for thc?

View more questions Search