Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alliehunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Water won't come out of kitchen faucet but will come out of the side spray
    Hi: My kitchen faucet just stopped working. If I turn it on nothing comes out, it makes a low noise and you think the water is coming out but nothing. But, if I take the side sprayer when the faucet if on that works the water comes out full force. I know nothing about plumbing but before I call a plumber in I thought I would ask the question as it might be a really easy fix. Thanks

Allison
    misshimso55 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Your diverter may be clogged.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 29, 2007, 11:06 AM
    It would help if I had a diagram of your faucet but most kitchen sink faucets are built along the same lines so I'll give you a general repair solution. Shut the water off and remove the handle and the nut that secures the spout.
    (I've put up a image to help you. You might have a one handle faucet but for this repair we are going to focus on the spout which is the same in both one and two handled faucets.)
    You now have the retaining nut on the spout off so pull up on the spout and remove it. Facing you at the base of the open valve body should be the diverter. Pull it out and check and clean the inlet ports in the diverter housing. Now turn the water back on and hold a pan over the open valve body while you open up the handle/s to let the water flush out the supplies and the inlet ports. You should have water coming out the diverter opening. Replace the diverter and reassemble. Working now? Regards, Tom
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 04:17 AM
    Sounds like the areator is clogged at the end of the spout
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 30, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    sounds like the areator is clogged at the end of the spout
    Fifty lashes with a wet noodle for not suggesting that in my earlier post. Tom
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 31, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Hey Allison,

A aerator's that little thingy that screws on the end of the spout.(See image) If the screens are clogged then you'll get no water. Check the aerator first and let us know. Regards, Tom
    bgpoppy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Its not the aerator it's the diverter is your faucet 1 handle or two
    Eternal Plumber

May 9, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Please tell us Poppy what insight you have that we don't.
    What makes you so sure it isn't the aerator without seeing the faucet. We don't make positive statements until we're sure we're correct. What makes you so sure? Tom
    Cosmicdave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 07:51 AM
    Mine was broken and lo and behold it WAS the aerator, so thanks folks!
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 4, 2010, 10:45 AM

Glad we could help Cosmic. Thanks for the update. Tom
    momnoyce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion.. we're goin' in!
    momnoyce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2013, 07:06 PM
    It works! It works!! We soaked that little sucker in vinegar for about an hour and there was a bunch of gunk in the bottom of the glass... plugged it back in and screwed everything back together and viola! We have crazy hard water so now we know we might have to do this every so often. THANKS for saving us a ton of money!
    Breezygail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 08:27 AM
    [QUOTE=Breezygail;3489357]Speedball1.. I am trying to work on my kitchen faucet with this problem.. I liked your answer.. But I don't see the pics you posted.. Could you possibly post them again, please? Thank you and have a Blessed day
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Hi Breezy and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AMHD.com. You're responding to a 6year old dead thread. Please check the date before you post. Thanks
    Give me your complaint and the picture you want me to put up and I'll get back to you, Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spray Hose on Kitchen Faucet? [ 4 Answers ]

How can I hook up a spray hose to a new kitchen faucet, which was not designed to have a spray hose? Thanks, Kavanaugh

Single-Control Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have a single control pull-out spray kitchen faucet, the kind that pulls out of the main faucet and is activated by pushing a rubber button on the top of the handle. The sprayer stays on until I turn off the water, then it reverts to a regular flow. Lately, however, it doesn't revert, and...

Low Pressure on Hot Water Side in two sided tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am in escrow on a home, extremely well-maintained, 17-yr old home. The master has a jucuzzi style tub. The faucet has two knobs, one for hot, one for cold. The cold comes out fine. When the inspector turned on the hot water, the faucet leaked and the hot water pressure was low. He...

Single-Control Pull-Out Spray Kitchen Faucet problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have Moen single-control spray kitchen faucet. Sometimes when you turn it on nothing comes out. First time it happened I thought there was a problem with the water supply but the other faucets worked and then this one started working again too. Next day it seemed fine but then the same thing...

Low water pressure on cold side of shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

What should I do (look for) to find out why the cold side of my shower faucet has developed VERY low water pressure, but not the hot side. The sink faucet in that same bathroom is fine on both sides. All other faucets in the house are fine on both sides. I don't have a hot water tank...

View more questions Search