Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lerxs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2013, 09:07 PM
    Water Backing Up in toilet and shower
    Water from the tub will drain very slowly, if at all; and the water will come out through the bottom of the toilet and onto the floor. Whenever I do dishes or wash clothes, the water from that ends up in the toilet and the tub.Toilet will overflow and tub will not drain. Please help.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 13, 2013, 10:34 PM
    That indicates you have main sewer pipe blockage. All pipes connect in one pipe under your house and continue out as a single pipe. Since so many fixtures in your house cause sewer overflow, blockage can be anyplace between your house and City Sewer inlet. Call Sewer Cleaning contractor and have him to snake your sewer line. Also, you may ask him to do video inspection to make sure you have no roots inside your sewer.

Back to you / Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet water backing up into bathtub and shower, second floor master bathroom [ 5 Answers ]

I saw an earlier (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/toilet-backing-up-into-shower-11545.html) question about icky toilet flush water backing up into the shower & tub. As with this earlier poster, I am B-R-O-K-E and can't afford a pro right now. Going to hafta tackle this one on my own. I...

Water backing up into tub and shower, toilet gurgles sometimes etc. [ 15 Answers ]

Hey there. I tried searching through the plumbing forum for some answers but only got a few bits and pieces that Im not sure really apply to my issue. Since July, I have had issues with water backing up into my bathtub and coming up through the shower drain. I first time was the worst, it was...

Toilet bubbling while running water, shower backing up [ 1 Answers ]

For the past month now while I run water in the bathroom the toilet will start bubbling. If the shower is running it will back up the shower and drain very slowly, if at all. I have had my toilet overflow on me about six times, and have had the plumber snake out my main line twice now, what is my...

Water backing up in shower when toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old house on a septic system. Yesterday I noticed water backing up into the shower when the toilet is flushed. The toilet is taking an unusual amount of time to complete flush. I have also notice that the gound is very wet around my septic tank and there is a strong smell of...

Toilet backing up into shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have toilet paper and other lovely things coming into my shower and bathtub. The vent was checked on the roof as well as the pipe outside that we had to dig to get to. I thought I had fixed it when I just kept cleaning the stuff out of the shower after every flush and finally it was...

View more questions Search