Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cosmev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2013, 08:17 PM
    How to install 2 gang meter to 2 / 100 amps breakers
    I own a 2 floor house andI would like to install a 2 gang meter to feed 2/ 100 amps breaker box each one, I want to find out wich wire to use and if is necessary a by pass or it is coming into the box (2 gang),I appreciate for any information post here...
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Mar 13, 2013, 08:02 PM
    I think you would be better off hiring an electrician for this. More than likely something like this would need a permit and an inspection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring 2 Gang Meter Socket w/ 100 & 200 Amp Meters [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Are you allowed to use a 2 gang 200 amp meter socket to feed (1) 200 AMP panel and (1) 100 AMP panel, or do all meters in same enclosure have to be the same (200 AMP)? If the above is allowed: What size wire would I need from weather head to meter socket? Would I then run...

Cost to upgrade from 100 amps to 200 amps and ground [ 4 Answers ]

StanFortyMan has made a lot of sense about my needs in a home with a 100 AMP Service.. I would like to upgrade to 200 amps.. with some ground sockets(or whatever this is called) and put in more sockets... The house is 1300 square feet... does anyone have a guestimate of costs?? Thanks, Annie

100 Amp panel vs 325 Amps worth of breakers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house built in '49. The basement was remodeled by previous owner and the Service Panel was upgraded to 100 AMP. The wiring to the breakers are a mixture of modern sheathed 3 wire for the basement level and the original knob and tube wiring for main floor circuits (all fed via the attic)....

100 household amps vs 200 amps [ 6 Answers ]

I am living in an "old" house with 100 amps coming in. I am in the process of doing reconstruction and would like to know if I run all new wires and outlets and get rid of dusty broken wires and connection boxes left open to rot---Can I use the same fuses and wiring for 100 as for 200 or do I...

Changing from 100 amps to 200 amps [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas water heater (40 gallon tank). I want to change it to an electric tankless water heater. I have read that I need 200 amps in the house to do this, but currently I have only 100 amps. The outside meter is located only about 25 feet away, but the lines are underground. What is...

View more questions Search