Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BshaiB Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2013, 07:26 PM
    I'm 16, what should I do for foster care
    I am 16 years old &' I don't want too live w/ my mother anymore she doesn't take me serious like she should . She always get an attitude w/ me for noo reason &' I live in an unfit home right now though she's trying and I love her I can't deal w/ my sister hiting me like I'm some trick in the streets because I've learned as growing up that I should never fight my family &' I don't I have respect for a lot of people but living here will seriously make me committ suicide and I don't want to do that because I want to be something but I would rather live in a foster home then too live here where , if I say the wrong thing I get gone off on for noo reason . I don't want family counseling because it's not going too change anything &' if I do go too a foster home I just would still speak too my mom when I feel like it but I can't be in my sisters present ! But I'm really not going too keep going on but honestly every since my nana passed my sister has been brutally hitting me &' I can't take this lifestyle anymore .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 07:41 PM
    Do you know anything about foster care?

How old is your sister?

Mar 8, 2013, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you know anything about foster care?

How old is your sister?
    Sort of , kind of &' 18.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 07:54 PM
    If you think life is bad now, go to foster care. You will have regular chores to do, the foster parents don't have to care about you but just feed and give you a roof over your head. Foster care isn't about love and warm fuzzies, but about getting money from the state to house a displaced child.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 07:55 PM
    Really -- how about family counseling? There is a counselor just waiting by the phone, hoping you will call to make an appointment.

Mar 8, 2013, 07:59 PM
    Really -- how about family counseling? There is a counselor just waiting by the phone, hoping you will call to make an appointment.
    Too answer both questions . I know pretty much about that but I'm really not looking too be placed into a foster home I would rather a family member take me in &' tried counseling.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BshaiB View Post
    tried counseling .!
    For how long?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:03 PM
    You are a minor, and your mom (or parents) can make big trouble for any relative who takes you in (if they don't want that for you).

Mar 8, 2013, 08:06 PM
    You are a minor, and your mom (or parents) can make big trouble for any relative who takes you in (if they don't want that for you).
    Almost a year &' she said whoever wants me can have me. But I know she doesn't means it but in the end it wouldn't matter I will be out of care next year I will be 17 this year .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:09 PM
    almost a year &' she said whoever wants me can have me. but i know she doesn't means it but in the end it wouldn't matter i will be out of care next year i will be 17 this year .
    Is there a relative who wants to take you in?

Mar 8, 2013, 08:12 PM
    Is there a relative who wants to take you in?
    Yes my other grandmother . &' my aunt .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:14 PM
    yes my other grandmother . &' my aunt .
    So if you have this all figured out, why did you post a question about foster care?

Mar 8, 2013, 08:16 PM
    So if you have this all figured out, why did you post a question about foster care?
    Because I don't want to live w/ a relative !
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:17 PM
    b/c i don't wanna live w/ a relative !
    You said you have it all worked out. Living with a relative who loves you sure beats an uncaring foster home.

Mar 8, 2013, 08:21 PM
    You said you have it all worked out. Living with a relative who loves you sure beats an uncaring foster home.
    I'll think about it &' get back at you right now I know foster home because I am pregnant . But she's making me abort it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 08:26 PM
    i'll think about it &' get back at you right now i know foster home b/c i am pregnant . but she's making me abort it .!
    Ahhhhh, new information!! Foster home will not help that and wouldn't happen for a long time. Living with a relative, if you can do that, might be your salvation.

Mar 8, 2013, 08:32 PM
    Ahhhhh, new information!!!!!!!!!! Foster home will not help that and wouldn't happen for a long time. Living with a relative, if you can do that, might be your salvation.
    Ooh OK , I'll check into living w/ my grandmother .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 14 and I want to go in foster care [ 3 Answers ]

My mum dad makes me feel unwelcome as my mum gets home from work she says do this do that and constantly moans at me. My sister gets away with anything and my dad occasionally shouts at me and always tells me to shut up and threatens to hit me

Can I be sent into foster care? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 13 year old girl suffering from anxiety, depression, and blackouts (and I don't drink). I really hate my parents because they constantly fight with me. When something doesn't go their way I am 1 yelled at 2 punished or 3 both. Then when I try to break up their fights with my bro or other...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search