Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    highestgood2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 03:00 AM
    I've had 11 years of a narcissistic Daughter in Law
    I thought I was the only one. My daughter in law is a real piece of work. I was told before she consented to be married the following (I am single): We want you to know as you age that you aren't to live by us or even in the same state. You aren't to ever ask for any help as you age. If you have a terminal illness, do not believe that you will have any assistance or help. I was further told in the conversation that I might be a financial burden. This same speech was told to me before they got married. My only son got married and I was not allowed at the wedding.

On three occasions, my life has been threatened and my daughter in law explicitly told me how I would be killed. My daughter in law has deprecated me to my family and her family as well.

I am a survivor of sibling abuse and have PTSD. My very little contact with my daughter in law and now abusive son has caused me at time to have severe anxiety attacks. I have gone through this for 11 years and have seen my son's wife 4 times in 11 years. My son is totally controlled by her. The other day he called and missed me. I work hard to establish my boundaries. We have not been allowed to see each other for 3 years. My son was never as mean or angry as I have seen him. When I have tried to contact him, I feel that I am contacting North Korea. After 11 years, I have decided to write a diplomatic letter to her asking her in a submissive manner if she would allow my son and I to know each other. She is a therapist. A sick one.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2012, 03:23 AM
    Anytime someone threatens your life... you should immediately contact the authorities... I don't care if its family or not.

If it happens often enough buy something to record the conversations if your state law doesn't require two party consent so you can present proof.
    1Peaches Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 12:28 PM
    I also have a Narcissist Daughter-in-law. She has always not wanted me to have a close relationship with my son. She makes him call and say things mean to me that she wants to say. My son say Mom let me say this like he is scared out of his wits that she has to hear him tell me things that disrespect me. I am afraid for my only son and my grandson. I had to recently cut them out of my life for fear for them and myself. What a terrible life he must be going through to constantly please her and not show any concern for my feelings it's all about her all the time. My son is the kind of guy that is a lover not a fighter so he is perfect to control and she doesn't want anyone to get in to make him see what we see. I know she is really happy that I am not in there life now because that is what she has always wanted. She screamed this to me one time that she doesn't want me in HER family. I knew it was weird then and not normal for someone to say that and she meant it. He is my son and my family that will never change. I pray for them all the time and for God to fix her heart. She held my grandson from me lots of times while she was mad. She love to hurt you with things you love, that is so sick. I am a Christian woman and know God says to speak before the marriage or hold your peace. But he didn't say you have to stay in an abusive relationship, she is a verbal abuser mad all the time, and I am sure she may be physical for my son to disrespect me for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mother in law hurt by daughter in law [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 10 mo. Old healthy granddaughter who was born prematurely. My son is her father. I was there at her birth. My husband and I each spent overnights helping and later, full days alone caring for the for the baby when mom went back to work. Other relatives pitched in as well. I took care of...

How do you get over a narcissistic relationship [ 8 Answers ]

I don't ever join these sites, but something happened to me today that made me realise I was seriously dealing with a narcissistic man. We have been in a relationship for 11 years all of which time he had several other realationships. One girl he is about to be married in a few months. We have...

How can I stop being Narcissistic? [ 3 Answers ]

I guess I realized I might fit the description of a narcissistic, but I hate those kind of people. My boyfriend told me I never ask stuff about him and its always about me. No wonder he goes crazy. HELP and give me advice! What do I do!

Are you narcissistic? [ 5 Answers ]

Do you consider yourself narcissistic? Narcissistic personality = self-centredness - people who seek constant attention and praise - people who brag about their achievements and don't believe that just anyone can be their friend ...

View more questions Search