Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmagadieu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Kenmore dryer door spring and clip
    First time asking a question here... Hope someone can help.
    I have a Kenmore 80 clothes dryer, Model 110.64842400, which I have taken apart to clean and replace the thermal fuse. I need to put the front of the dryer back together, but cannot figure out how/where to reattach the clips for the door springs. The diagram for the cabinet shows me a lovely picture of the clip, but does not indicate where it is installed and how to hook the spring back onto it. Guess I should have taken pictures of the thing as I was disassembling it. Live and learn. :rolleyes:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Hello, jmagadieu!

You might want to try doing a Google search for: Kenmore 80 clothes dryer diagram, Kenmore clothes dryer door springs, etc.

Don't know where you live, but in the US Sears has outlet stores with parts and diagrams. I have always had much success and help by the people there.

Clough

Mar 22, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hello, jmagadieu!

You might want to try doing a Google search for: Kenmore 80 clothes dryer diagram, Kenmore clothes dryer door springs, etc.

Don't know where you live, but in the US Sears has outlet stores with parts and diagrams. I have always had much success and help by the people there.

Clough
    Thanks Clough. Actually, the diagram I mentioned was from the Sears.com site. Unfortunately, I may need to buy the service manual to determine how the part is actually installed. I've done a number of Google searches... one of which led me to this site :cool: but I have yet to find a photo that shows the door spring and clamp attached to the dryer.
    If someone has theirs open and wouldn't mind taking a photo and sending it to me, I would be very grateful!
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 08:05 PM
    I FOUND THIS...
    Diagnostic Guide Link
    I found service tech diagnostic guides (PDF format) during an online search. This includes instructions on putting the dryer into test mode in order to check switches, etc. Here are the links:

Gas Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203980053.pdf

Electric Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203979705.pdf

Mar 25, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    I FOUND THIS....
    Diagnostic Guide Link
    I found service tech diagnostic guides (PDF format) during an online search. This includes instructions on putting the dryer into test mode in order to check switches, etc. Here are the links:

Gas Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203980053.pdf

Electric Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203979705.pdf
    That's a big help! Thank you very much! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 04:25 PM
    I was working on mine. The door spring is about a foot long or so. It connected to the bottom corner of the dryer. The corner simply was not welded.

Mar 25, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Thanks again, Doug. The illustrations and explanations in the service manual were WAY better than anything else I could find. I appreciate your assistance.
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 08:24 PM
    I found an identical set of papers in the control panel of my dryer. They put them in each appliance because the repair guys really don't know everything and they need the sheets
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Service Matters - Technical Documentation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Kenmore Dryer door won't stay closed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Sears Kenmore Elite Dryer. The dryer door will not stay fully closed during the entire dryer cycle. During the dryer cycle, it will pop open and of course the dryer stops functioning. There is a small metal piece that protrudes from the door frame, which is supposed to fit into a...

Help--dropped a door spring--Kenmore Elite dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum, but we are in need of quick help. While attempting to clean the lint trap, etc, on our Kenmore Elite dryer, my husband took the door off. One of the springs then fell into the cabinet below the drum. We cannot figure out a way to get to it. Can anyone help us? We...

Sears garage door opener spring [ 1 Answers ]

I have a garage door opener that I purchased from Sears less than 2 years ago and I took out the extra warranty.. DO the warranty usually cover the breakage of the spring on the door itself? If not is it a easy job one could do himself? Or is something a professional should do? Thanks

View more questions Search