Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovelosted Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Eviction of a non-family member in PA
    My boyfriend and I live in Mother's home (she no longer Lives there) He is not helping pay bills and I want out of the relationship. We have been living together for three years now. He receives mail at the house. We do not have a lease with my mother
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2013, 01:29 PM
    Your mother would have to evict him according to Pennsylvania law.

Pennsylvania Evictions
    Mcsap9213 Posts: 99, Reputation: 10

Feb 9, 2013, 09:18 PM
    Agree with Judy. He is a defacto tenant. You have to file against him as though he has a lease. You do NOT have the authority to toss him out and your mom has to initiate this as the property owner.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 09:20 PM
    He is a resident, not necessarily even any type of tenant. He must be evicted by your MOTHER. You have no legal standing to do anything
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 09:55 PM
    He will have to be given legal notice and evicted though the courts.

You can of course just yell at him, tell him to get out and see if he leaves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family Member Eviction [ 6 Answers ]

How Do You Go About Evicting A Family Member Who Has Never Paid Rent, And Does Not Want To Leave In The State Of Florida?

Eviction of family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can a family member (21 years old) be evicted from home (Virginia)... not contributing to the household, unemployed, not looking for work, stealing from the house.

Eviction of a family member [ 5 Answers ]

Do I have to provide written notice to evict a family member that is living in my home (in California) This is a family member that pays no rent and does not contribute to household expenses. She has been residing in the property for about a year. Thanks

Eviction of family member [ 3 Answers ]

How do I evict a family member that has their family living in my home? They pay no rent or bills and are trashing my home.

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search