Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laxmasta900
    thanks raynefreak, but she wasn't making fun of the post, she's just acting funny in my opinion
    I think the person was actually interested in this and she misunderstood the way they said it
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Mar 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Okm so with that said what else is there to be said about the pharanormal activity? It's getting a bit off-topic.
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 20, 2007, 03:06 AM
    Well, now I'm starting to feel more cold spots ion the house, about 4, one in the living room, 1 in my bedroom, 1 in the kitchen, and one on my second story landing right outside my bedroom
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 04:51 AM
    All at once? Or you just feel these as you walk around. Does not mean there is more then one. Cold spots are defiantly an indication of apparitions.

Did you try talking more and getting more information. The more the information the better.

Mar 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I tried talking to them again last night and it was a different ghost it said "get away from my resting place or you will be dead!!!"

That's what it said, kind of freakin me out
    bayybii_lacey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Help Mee!!
    I Know How You Feel... For The Past Couple Of Months Since I Lived In My New House When I Try To Go To Sleep Ill Pull The Covers Over My Head And It Feels Like Someone Is Pulling Back. Like Yesterday My Cover Got Pulled All The Way Down To My Feet Now I Know That Is Not Possible. And I Know Im Not Dreaming. There Are Also Some Times Where I Know I Am Awake But I Can't Move And It Feels Like Im Paralyzed And There's Always A Weird Feeling Like Someone Is Watching Me From Across The Room... if You FiNd Out Anything About Ghosts Please Send It To Me A.s.a.p.!

Mar 20, 2007, 01:03 PM
    I know what your problem is

Mar 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
    I Don't Know What To Do. Does Any One Know Of Any Free Sites Where I Can Check The History Of My House?

Mar 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
    THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN'S TO MANY PPL, IT HAPPEN'S TO ME SEVERAL TIME'S A YEAR.

The medical establishment is quite aware of this phenomenon, but has a less sensational name than "old hag syndrome" for it. They call it "sleep paralysis" or SP (sometimes ISP for "isolated sleep paralysis").

So what causes it? Dr. Max Hirshkowitz, director of the Sleep Disorders Center at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Houston, says that sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is in the transition state between deep, dreaming sleep (known as REM sleep for its rapid eye movement) and waking up. During REM dreaming sleep, the brain has turned off most of the body's muscle function so we cannot act out our dreams - we are temporarily paralyzed.

"Sometimes your brain doesn't fully switch off those dreams - or the paralysis - when you wake up," Hirshkowitz told ABC News. "That would explain the 'frozen' feeling and hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis." According to his research, the effect only really lasts from a few seconds to as long as a minute, but in this half-dream half-awake state, to the victim it can seem much longer.

In her article, "Help! I Can't Move!," Florence Cardinal, About.com's Guide Sleep Disorders, writes: "Sleep paralysis is often accompanied by vivid hallucinations. There may be a sense someone is in the room, or even hovering over you. At other times, there seems to be pressure on the chest, as though someone or something perched there. There may even be sexual attacks associated with the hallucinations. The sound of footsteps, doors opening and closing, voices, all can be a very frightening part of sleep paralysis. These are known as Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences and they are what make people dread an episode of sleep paralysis."

- For all their explanations, however, the sleep experts still do not know what causes the brain to screw up like this, or why some people experience it more than others. But there are some theories:

- "Episodes of paralysis can occur when the body is in any position, but happen most frequently when the sleeper is lying flat on his or her back. Intense fear is common, but sometimes other strong emotions, such as sadness or anger, are present," says Florence Cardinal in "The Terror of Sleep Paralysis."

- For some, SP is often brought about by not getting enough sleep or being overtired.

- Likewise, disrupted sleep schedules or circadian rhythm disturbances can produce an episode of sleep paralysis.

- It is more common in people who suffer from severe anxiety or bipolar disorder.

- Some research shows that SP is five times more likely to occur with people who are taking such anti-anxiety drugs as Xamax or Valium.

- A study found that 35 percent of subjects with isolated sleep paralysis also report a history of wake panic attacks unrelated to the experience of paralysis.

How can you prevent sleep paralysis? According to clinical research, you may be able to minimize the episodes by following good sleep hygiene:

- get enough sleep
    - reduce stress
    - exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime)
    - keep a regular sleep schedule

"For some people this may not be possible, however," says Florence Cardinal, "so instead let's look at ways to escape from the grip of sleep paralysis. The best remedy is to will yourself to move, even if it's only the wiggling of your little finger. This is often sufficient to break the spell. If you can manage it, scream! Your roommate may not appreciate it, but it's better than suffering through a long and fear-filled episode. If all else fails, seek professional help.

"Sounds like good advice. The bottom line is that you really have nothing to fear, in a paranormal sense, from sleep paralysis. That old hag you feel perched on your chest may be nothing more than the anxiety of living in a stressful world.

Here's a link to more info :

Sleep paralysis definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms

This site is based on the TV show Taps. They go around and try to find paranormal activity. The site may be down, but it'll be up again shortly.

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Mar 21, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Lol, but when I talk to them, I use a tapre recoreder, cause you can't hear them talk w/o one, or at least that's what ghost websites say

Mar 23, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Well when stuff usually happens here its cold and I get this really weird feeling like there's a presence in the room that can't been seen. I hate it my the most when my hairs rise up all over. It's a really creepy feeling.

Mar 24, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Happened to me too, some of this stuff is stopping you guys, thanks for the help

Mar 24, 2007, 05:57 AM
    Have any of you read what I wrote about the sleep paralisis? I found it to be very helpful with some of the things that happen while sleeping.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    THIS IS WHAT HAPPEN'S TO MANY PPL, IT HAPPEN'S TO ME SEVERAL TIME'S A YEAR.

The medical establishment is quite aware of this phenomenon, but has a less sensational name than "old hag syndrome" for it. They call it "sleep paralysis" or SP (sometimes ISP for "isolated sleep paralysis").

So what causes it? Dr. Max Hirshkowitz, director of the Sleep Disorders Center at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Houston, says that sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is in the transition state between deep, dreaming sleep (known as REM sleep for its rapid eye movement) and waking up. During REM dreaming sleep, the brain has turned off most of the body's muscle function so we cannot act out our dreams - we are temporarily paralyzed.

"Sometimes your brain doesn't fully switch off those dreams - or the paralysis - when you wake up," Hirshkowitz told ABC News. "That would explain the 'frozen' feeling and hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis." According to his research, the effect only really lasts from a few seconds to as long as a minute, but in this half-dream half-awake state, to the victim it can seem much longer.

In her article, "Help! I Can't Move!," Florence Cardinal, About.com's Guide Sleep Disorders, writes: "Sleep paralysis is often accompanied by vivid hallucinations. There may be a sense someone is in the room, or even hovering over you. At other times, there seems to be pressure on the chest, as though someone or something perched there. There may even be sexual attacks associated with the hallucinations. The sound of footsteps, doors opening and closing, voices, all can be a very frightening part of sleep paralysis. These are known as Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic Experiences and they are what make people dread an episode of sleep paralysis."

- For all their explanations, however, the sleep experts still do not know what causes the brain to screw up like this, or why some people experience it more than others. But there are some theories:

- "Episodes of paralysis can occur when the body is in any position, but happen most frequently when the sleeper is lying flat on his or her back. Intense fear is common, but sometimes other strong emotions, such as sadness or anger, are present," says Florence Cardinal in "The Terror of Sleep Paralysis."

- For some, SP is often brought about by not getting enough sleep or being overtired.

- Likewise, disrupted sleep schedules or circadian rhythm disturbances can produce an episode of sleep paralysis.

- It is more common in people who suffer from severe anxiety or bipolar disorder.

- Some research shows that SP is five times more likely to occur with people who are taking such anti-anxiety drugs as Xamax or Valium.

- A study found that 35 percent of subjects with isolated sleep paralysis also report a history of wake panic attacks unrelated to the experience of paralysis.

How can you prevent sleep paralysis? According to clinical research, you may be able to minimize the episodes by following good sleep hygiene:

- get enough sleep
    - reduce stress
    - exercise regularly (but not too close to bedtime)
    - keep a regular sleep schedule

"For some people this may not be possible, however," says Florence Cardinal, "so instead let's look at ways to escape from the grip of sleep paralysis. The best remedy is to will yourself to move, even if it's only the wiggling of your little finger. This is often sufficient to break the spell. If you can manage it, scream! Your roommate may not appreciate it, but it's better than suffering through a long and fear-filled episode. If all else fails, seek professional help.

"Sounds like good advice. The bottom line is that you really have nothing to fear, in a paranormal sense, from sleep paralysis. That old hag you feel perched on your chest may be nothing more than the anxiety of living in a stressful world.

Here's a link to more info :

Sleep paralysis definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms

This site is based on the tv show Taps. They go around and try to find paranormal activity. The site may be down, but it'll be up again shortly.

TAPS: Paranormal Research & Investigation, Ghost Hunting.
    I actually saw a story about the old hag sydrome. It becomes so real to the person that it sucks the energy right out of them. They become weak and scared and do not know how to stop the attacks. Thanks for bringing this up because It sure does explain things for some people and there is treatment out there.

The story that I saw, the women tried everything and nothing helped. Then she ended up having some kind of ceremony done and lots of prayers and more. This thing or these experiances finally left her.

Joe

Mar 24, 2007, 06:36 AM
    It happened to me. A few time's. I thought I was crazy until I read this. IT really is soooo freaky. I've had it happen a few times a yr since 4rth grade. I remember in 4rth grade I was napping before school and when I awoke I saw the room, but couldn't move. I kept looking at my body not moving and thought I was frozen. When I glanced at the TV it had a evil face in it and I cried out ''God help me the devil is going to eat me'' LOL. In a few minute's after trying to move I was able to get up as though nothing happened. It was a horrid experience that I can still remember amazingly.

Now, I live with my fiancé and I'm a grown adult, but I've had several time's living here that I woke up while he was working and I couldn't move. Over the year's I've learned that if I kepp trying to move and kick, it seems to snap me out of it faster. The scarest thing is that while the last 2 time's it's happened its felt like someone was tocuhing me on my face or arms... VERY scary. I think one time I cried lol. I just hope that it doesn't EVER happen again. But I doubt that I'm that lucky lol.

Mar 24, 2007, 06:47 AM
    I don't think that these experiances are evil being's haunting me. It simply can be explained as a sleeping phanomina. Crazy, but it makes sense.

Now, on the subject of spirits, I'm not religious but when I was smaller I was. I lived in a regular house. In 2nd grade. My parent's weren't bad parent's then, not until I hit 12 or so. But my father watched things that weren't good on TV. Shooting people, things that kid's shouldn't see. He was a mean person to almost everyone. One day I started seeing people walkig through the house. The would go out of the TV and into my dad. They'd follow my parent's and watch me. But when they tried to enter my room they couldn't. B/c I was a christian I prayed the blood of jesus over my life and room. So they couldn't touch me. One day I fell down the stairs, and I know it was one of the ghosts because I felt its cold hand on my back. So my gram is a christian. She gave me a letter that prays for a house and that evil must leave it. I hung it on the fridge and within a few days all the spirits left. Being raised as a christian, and sort of still being one, I think these were demons that my dad and mom had inside them. They were in sin because of not living right and having me without being married. My gram told me that I had a gift called Decerning of Spirits. A gift god gives people to see into the spiritual world. So, I told god I didn't want this gift it scared me and since then I haven't been able to see anything. Wheither or not I'm christian, I still believe in spirits. I do believe that in their relm they fight all the time between good and evil. It's the balance of life. But I strongly think if you tell a spirit to leave it will. The time it doesn't is when its not a spirit it a demon and in my opinion that's when you need help the most.

Mar 24, 2007, 07:38 AM
    This is getting too off topic, but I found a solution anywayz, so it doesn't matter anymore, its over no more ghost

Mar 24, 2007, 09:01 AM
    It's not a big deal if it get's off topic. As long as people can talk about something similar to what the origanal post was. I really don't see how its off-topic now.

Mar 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
    OK, lol, well at least my problem is solved

Apr 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
    No one is talking anymorez!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is ghost? [ 13 Answers ]

I would like to request for your opinion on "What is ghost?" Normally we would think that ghost is from the "soul" of a living thing. If that is The case, then the world would be full of ghosts - and certainly this does not look So. I would think that someone becomes a ghost when...

Is there a ghost in my house [ 6 Answers ]

I have lived in my simi valley ca house for 17 years. It was built in 1963. I feel there are 3 indites in my room. 2 adults and 1 child. I can here there foot steeps. They have came into my bed. I have felt their hands on me. I can feel the pressure of them on my bed and at times I feel them on my...

Ghost Stories [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good ghost or scarey stories? I haven't heard a good one for ages! :eek:

Ghost in the house? [ 14 Answers ]

:( hi my name is screamin and we just moved into this apartment and me and my wife both her the weirdest sounds but only at nighti have ask the manger if there is anyway to get into the attic(thinking it was kids playing)and he said no it is sealed.but these sounds start as a thump,thump and then...

Ghost Display [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a new computer CPU and I'm using an old monitor gateway VX700. I've been seeing a transparent ghost image or several ghost images about 3 to 5 next to text and windows. Can someone help me with this.

View more questions Search