Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Everyday meals
    Start a new thread here. What's your favorite quick and easy meal for supper time.
    How long does it take? What's in it? How about quick outside grilling ideas?
    All responses are welcome. Even if it's hamburger helper with your own combo's thrown in.

Thanks in advance. Stay healthy :)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Today I had barbecued pork chops, they were marinated 24 hours in beer, hot sauce, a little splash of worscherter (sp?) sauce, parsley, rosemayy and dried onion. Mmmm

With brocolli soup!

Are we supposed to post the whole step by step recipes?
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Only if someone asks for it.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Well, I was going to say, I just open the old can of Alpo and have myself a nosh but for my really quick and easy meal, you can find me at Lowtax4eva's house.

Kitch428, why don't you post yours? :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Okay Low, could I have a plate please? Yummmm, that sounds good.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
    LMAO. That's good! Doin' it doggy style! Yes indeedee, Yummy. OK, OK, you asked.
    Boneless chicken and rice topped with cream of mushroom soup. Baked in the oven.
    Sprinkled with Franks hot sauce when served. :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Mmm. Tomorrow I will be at your house. Dogs always look for the best free meals.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 25, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    mmm. Tomorrow I will be at your house. Dogs always look for the best free meals.
    Hey Ruby, Make sure to check the petfood can, it might have dangerous things in it. Just a concern. :) nm
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Thank you nm, I really do appreciate that you are concerned enough to mention it to me. I heard about the food recall pretty early on in this whole fiasco. I cannot imagine how the pet owners who have gone through this feel. I would be devastated. I am hoping that this will change some of the laws regarding the production of pet food, creating higher standards in the industry.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 26, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyPitbull
    Thank you nm, I really do appreciate that you are concerned enough to mention it to me. I heard about the food recall pretty early on in this whole fiasco. I cannot imagine how the pet owners who have gone through this feel. I would be devastated. I am hoping that this will change some of the laws regarding the production of pet food, creating higher standards in the industry.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I would elect you as a prime candidate for being so vigilant about life quality that really counts. Nm
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
    I know its an old thread but it got my interest...

For something quick and easy, pasta.. diced fresh chicken, bacon, mix it all together with mayo and sprinkle with garlic...

Or something more challenging but just as quick...

Diced fresh chicken, mushrooms, sliced carrot, spring onions,egg noodles, throw it all into a wok and cook for 15 minutes, mix with your own sauce or one from the shop... your own chicken chow main...
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Yummy! Wow, I forgot I posted this, fix. Thanks. I'll try that. We're chicken lovers here.
    I'll think some up for you... ok? What's common in northern Ireland? Are there fast food chains and big supermarkets like the states?
    My most favorite meal next to beef and yorkshire pudding is corned beef and cabbage, but it's been over 2 years since we made it The last time sent me to the emergency room with stomach pain from eating soooo much of it... seriously!

May 24, 2007, 12:51 AM
    From experience you can't beat an ulster fry here. Its basically an full english breakfast, with a few extras.. in other words a big fry up of bacon, mushrooms,egg,beans,sausage,potato bread, soda bread etc. they love their stew here too.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I am going back to Ireland for breakfast. Hmmm. Dinner too methinks. Corned Beef & Cabbage is VERY different than the way they serve it in the U.S. To me there is no comparison to the Irish version. Even the potatoes are different. VERY light and fluffy. Irish produce exceeds what we get here. And, don't even get me started on the sausages! Fix, I will be hopping the pond and you will find me at your doorstep tomorrow morning, bright and early.

May 24, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Well we have a spare room and all... haha
    To be honest I never had the chance to learn to cook, so its only since I got with my man (im going to start calling him by his name as its confusing to write my man or my partner each time!)
    Wayne has always cooked for himself,taught by his mother,the first time he did an irish stew I was blown away,and I was slightly miffed that a 24 year old guy (at the time) was a better cook than me.. lol

From memory and from watching him cook...

Diced potatoes,carrot,leek,onion,garlic,peas,either chicken or beef,diced,buck it all into a large pan,fill with water, add flavourings e.g.. Garlic powder/spices/herbs.let it all boil away in the pan for a few hours then add gravey.mmmmmmmmmm

Ps please note to cook said chicken or beef first... its been known for someone (not mentioning any names here) to throw the uncooked chicken in the pot thinking boiling would cook it... LOL I have learned a LOT since that night...
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 06:35 AM
    LOL. That was a good one.

Years ago, I had a boyfriend who was a phenomenal cook. I was more than happy to hand the spatula over to him. I married someone who couldn't boil water so, it was back to the kitchen for me. But, I do love to cook so it wasn't a problem.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

May 26, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Mine would have to be Jenna's seafood and steak house. Because I am a great cook!
    Lol
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Ok, here's the mother load.
    The Easiest Meals

Tortellini and Peas
    Cook one package of frozen cheese tortellini according to the package directions. Meanwhile, place 2 cups frozen baby peas in a colander and drain the cooked tortellini over the peas. Return to saucepan and add a few tablespoons of butter and some Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until the peas are heated and the cheese is melted.

Fish Veracruz
    Combine frozen unbreaded fish pieces in a skillet with some sliced bell peppers, a can of tomato sauce, and some salsa. Cover skillet and simmer until fish is cooked through. Serve over couscous.

Tuna Melts
    Toast split English muffins. Combine drained canned tuna with a bit of ranch salad dressing and chopped celery and place on muffins. Top with tomato slices and sliced muenster cheese. Broil until cheese melts.

Chicken Caesar Wraps
    Prepare packaged Caesar salad mix and toss with some cooked chopped chicken. Add more Parmesan cheese along with sliced mushrooms and roll up in heated tortillas or soft pita bread folds.

Taco Dogs
    Combine hot dogs and salsa in a skillet and cook until hot. Serve in hot dog buns with chopped tomato, lettuce, crumbled taco chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.

Tortellini Soup
    Combine canned tomato soup (diluted with water according to package directions), frozen peas, and refrigerated or frozen tortellini. Cook until tortellini are tender. Sprinkle with Colby cheese and serve.

Ham a la King
    Heat together chopped cooked ham, bottled alfredo sauce, and frozen baby peas or green beans. Serve over hot cooked biscuits or heated refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes combined with some Parmesan cheese

Ravioli and Meatballs
    In glass baking dish, combine frozen fully cooked meatballs, frozen ravioli and prepared pasta sauce. Add 1/2 cup water to the pasta sauce jar, close, and shake; pour this mixture over meatball mixture. Make sure ravioli is covered by sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, stirring once halfway during cooking. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

Chicken and Fettuccine
    Cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding frozen broccoli florets or green beans or mixed vegetables during last three minutes of cooking time. Drain well and add chopped cooked chicken and a can of drained Italian diced tomatoes. Heat well and serve with Parmesan cheese.

Turkey Marinara
    Heat bottled marinara sauce with cooked turkey from the deli and some sliced bell peppers. Meanwhile, cook penne pasta according to package directions. Serve turkey in sauce over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Swiss Vegetable Soup
    Combine a can of condensed onion soup with frozen mixed vegetables and water according to package directions. Simmer until thoroughly heated. Top each serving with shredded Swiss cheese and some garlic croûtons, and serve.

Now go shopping, get hungry, and enjoy!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Our new favorite is really simple:

1 lb bacon (thick cut works best)
    1 lb package of pasta, cooked (I like rotini or something to soak the sauce up)
    1 jar tomato sauce
    Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, cheese

Chop the bacon into one-inch chunks, and fry in large skillet. Drain all but about 2 tbsp of the fat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for a bit, add pasta sauce. Salt and pepper to taste Add cooked bacon. Let simmer until heated through. Toss in pasta, top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!

We like this one because hubby and I both like spicy food, and I can really load up on the red pepper flakes. You can make is using a few cans of diced tomatoes too, but a jar sauce is easier.

I also jazz up regular canned baked beans with ketchup, mustard, cayenne pepper, bbq sauce, a-1 sauce, whatever I think will be good. Again, we like spicy and I get heavy-handed on the pepper!

For anyone looking for quick and easy recipes, check out www.kraft.com. You can sign up to receive a free quarterly magazine filled with recipes. Some stuff is useless (like recipes on how to make lemonade from a powder), but others are really good. Plus it's free - can't beat it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy baby meals? [ 4 Answers ]

My son is very under weight for 15month year old, the things that I've tried are not working. Does any one know of a good breakfast, luch, and dinner for his age? Excluding Baby food products(gerber,baby cereal)

Miss her more everyday [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so my ex girlfriend broke up with me about month ago and I miss her so much and a week later after she broke up with me so got a new boyfriend we were going out for 19day and I no that's not long but I did like her a lot. The reson she told me she had to let me go because of her mom and my age...

Comp freezes... everyday [ 7 Answers ]

ever since my monitor issue (no signal) went away... my comp has been freezing everyday since... it doesn't freeze just once a day... it freezes at least 2 times a day... this happens at random also... it froze today for maybe the 3rd time but this time my computer made a continuous beeeeeeeeeep so...

Pitt mix poops in crate everyday [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: So, I have a 3 1/2 month old pitt bull mix puppy, Maddox. I have had him since he was 8 weeks, so about a month and a half. I got him from the local animal shelter. He has had a crate since the first day, but for about the first week, he slept in my bed with me. I realized that for...

Chinese meals [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to try out some chinese meals (I got a set of chopstick, so I want to put them to use). What would you recommend for a beginner? I hear they got all kinds of funny combinations like meat with honey and whatnot, so just name me something that will not be THAT strange in the beginning. If I...

View more questions Search