Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jess7735 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 12:24 PM
    My husbands addiction is ruining our marriage
    My husband has a serious addiction to motorcross. He has opened a track that has put us in debt and my son was seriously injured in a motorcross accident with a brain injury he is recovering from. He is only concerned about when he can ride again. How do I handle this situation
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Have you talked about it with him, how this has affected finances and the kids?
    jess7735 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 12:34 PM
    How do I handle my husbands addiction when affects my son

Yes he says you know how much I love riding and with my boy. I think he is in denial of how bad he was hurt and in the hospital for 2 months.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Until a person admits their addiction, they will not stop it or even try to stop it.

Obviously he did not just start liking it, has this not merely been a gaining isssue over years.

Also at the time he "went into debt" you could have refused to agree with him, Demand that he not do it??

But in the end, if he won't stop, you can't really stop them.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Yes, maybe bring up the fact that next time he could be hurt much worse, also see if he could sell the track and get a membership to a proper riding club (if this exists near you) where the safety standards of the track might be a bit higher.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
    You must put your foot down and protect your son. Does your son share his love of riding? How old is he?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am ruining my relationship with lies that I don't even have to lie about [ 7 Answers ]

My girlfreind and I have been together for a year now and I am continusly lying to her and the stuff I lie about is so little , but then she calls me out on it and I just lie again to get out of it , what kind of problem is this I need help I don't want to lose this girl and she doesn't deserve to...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

MY EX is ruining my credit what can I do ? [ 2 Answers ]

When I divorced my ex in may 2003 we had a mobile home which was in my name only because they would not put it in his name, when I left him I said he could live in the trailor as long as he made the payments, in the divorce decree it states that I have a vested right to the mobile home if he gets...

Husbands [ 1 Answers ]

So I have a real bad prolbem. My husband of 12 years is a drug addict and I have never been one at all. He doesn't want to get help he doeant think that he has a prolbem. He knows that he should not be doing what he does but yet he still does. I tell him all the time that it really hurts me when he...

Frigidaire dryer ruining clothes [ 1 Answers ]

We have a frigidaire galley dryer that was purchased 4/5 years ago. Clothes are getting stuck in the crack around the door that allows the drum to spin. It leaves marks and/or chews them up. Has anyone experiences anything like this or know how to fix it.

View more questions Search