Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Cats and kittens
    How can you tell when a cat has had kittens? What I mean is I recently got a 5 maybe 6
    Year old cat from catflap and wondered if she has had kittens -
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 09:40 AM
    There are lots of kittens all over the place? Seriously I don't understand the question.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Charlie, if you want to know whether your cat has ever had kittens in her life, a good way to tell is if her nipples are hanging down a bit. It is kind of hard to tell if you aren't used to what it looks like. But, when you bring your cat in for her vet visit, the vet can tell you whether she has ever had kittens.

I am assuming since she is adopted that she has been spayed? I hope so. If not, please be kind to her and have it done. If you need me to list the reasons this is important to her health (and your sanity), I will.

In any event, thank you for being kind and giving a home to a cat that might have been euthanized if you hadn't come along.
    catlady06095 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie88
    How can you tell when a cat has had kittens? What I mean is I recently got a 5 maybe 6
    year old cat from catflap and wondered if she has had kittens -
    A vet would look for a spay scar. Sometimes you can see it on the tummy and sometimes they have to shave the area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 cats [ 6 Answers ]

I've got 2 cats one is a 2 year old and the mother of the other one that was born in June. Both are female. The mother is VERY laid back and affectionate the youngster is the opposite yet they've always got along, till now. I just walked into the kitchen and as usual the young one nudged mum out...

How many cats do you have? [ 8 Answers ]

We were planning on having 2 kittens but we might go with 3. Is 3 too many? Right now it would just be me, my husband and the cats but we are going to have a baby sometime in the next year too.All the kitties would be inside. What is your experience with numbers of pets? Thanks!

Cats [ 2 Answers ]

I will be bringing home a six week old boxer puppy soon and I already have a 1yr old cat. He is very active and aggressive how can I integrate them with out him hurting the puppy?:o

Introducing cats to kittens [ 1 Answers ]

I've got two 6month old ragdoll kittens a boy and a girl we've just introduced a two year old adult ragdoll cat female the adult is getting on OK with me but not with the kittens she hisses at them when they come near herbut they haven't had a fight have you got any ideas that might get them along...

Vomitting in cats [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had renal failure but has seemed happy and social otherwise. Recently he has begun vomitting regularly. He is not vomitting up food-I have tried a couple different brands-just fluid. The fluid is mostly clear and does not seem to have an odor to it but my husband is becoming very aggrivated....

View more questions Search