Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gg8093 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 05:38 AM
    Neighbor charged with stalking
    A former neighbor has been charged with stalking. He was never arrested. He was summoned to appear in court and at the arraignment the judge allowed him a continuance. I was told that even if he pleads guilty, that the court will assess a fine (maybe) and send him on his way. I have lived in this community for years and because of the actions of this guy a 7-day notice was put on my door to move because of ongoing disputes with neighbor. In the years that I lived in this community this neighbor and myself have never even exchanged two words between us. I had been repeatedly harassed by this person and have had to call the police several times and also have video of this person throwing urine at my door - twice, but he had been doing this for a month. He was also coming in my home when I was not home. I don't have any video of him inside, but I was able to get video of him throwing his urine at my door. Since there is no law against throwing your waste on someones' property, my question is what other avenue can I take to pursue legal action against this person? I am also out $1500 in attorneys fees for fighting the notice to vacate premises.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 06:06 AM
    Yes of course there is laws against throwing urine on your door.

And there are laws for going in your home, how he is getting in, does he have a key ? Do you leave it unlocked ? If he is breaking in, there is evidence ?

You perhaps get a burglar alarm ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2013, 06:16 AM
    What puzzles me is your statement that he has been inside your home. Saying that to the police and court without evidence of breaking in will raise red flags about the entire charge, including whether the liquid was urine. Can you elaborate on both? Starting with why he would harass you to begin with? Do you have cheap rent and he wants your house, or is it something personal?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Hello gg:

I want to know how you paid a lawyer $1,500 to fight a 7 day notice, and you lost.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor has gambling 2nights week and is disrupting the neighbor hood [ 2 Answers ]

Everyone in the neighborhood is fed up with the neighbor that has gambling going on in his home 2 nights a week. It starts about 3p.m. and goes till 6 or 7 a.m. Some nights they get very loud and wake up the children in the other houses in the neighborhood. There is a 2 hr parking law on the street...

Are soil particles more positively charged or more negatively charged? [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time answering this question. On one hand, I know that it can be pos or negative. On the otherhand I read that it has only been measured as negative. So would that mean its more negatively charged?

Cause Stalking [ 2 Answers ]

What is community-based harassment/cause stalking?

Is she stalking him? [ 2 Answers ]

I made up with the boyfriend I had the horrible fight with last month. I know! Maybe I've made a mistake. You'll probably think so when you hear the new problem. So, we went on a week long trip with another couple who are friends of his of about three years. The woman seems very attached to him...

Is it stalking or not? [ 11 Answers ]

Is it considered stalking whenever someone illegally wiretaps your telephone line and announces across it to you who they are and why they're doing it to you? If it is, I guess I'm being stalked and have been now for quite some time. Without going into all the details of the mess I've been...

View more questions Search