Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoretools Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Kenmore washing machine won't drain/rinse
    My Kenmore 80 Series washer finishes the agitating (initial) stage, but stops there. It isn't draining the soapy water to continue with the rinse cycle. Any suggestions?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2008, 04:25 AM

Take a look at this post and see if it will get you started in the right direction. It sounds to me like your pump is clogged or the drive belt is broken.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    shoretools Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 07:49 AM

That sounds like a similar problem (although I'm not crazy about the repair). I've found the same problem as mine described elsewhere as a broken lid switch. Do you have any thoughts as to whether this might be the case?
    kathleenfras Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 02:10 PM

My Kenmore Washer Series 60 does everything but drain the water. Did you find anything out? I'd appreciate your advise. Please write me at [email protected]

Thanks!
    gabemaggi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 09:20 AM
    So, my Kenmore 80 Series washer just did this same thing last night. All of a sudden with no previous history of the washer acting up, after this one load of laundry it just would shut off when it got to the rinse portion of the cycle and it would not drain. It turns out to be as simple as "a broken lit switch" which allows the cycle to continue. This switch is located on my Kenmore 80 after I open the lid... looking down at the washing machine it is the little whole on the upper right corner of the machine. If you push it down with your finger on mine it's grey in color. The problem is that the switch is not getting pushed down far enough. If you pull it down manually with your hand a little farther you should hear it click over and the machine might scare you as it starts up into the rinse cycle. That was it! Just fold up a piece of paper and keep the switch permanently pressed down all the time with the balled up or folded up piece of paper and the machine will work until the switch breaks totally. It looks like an easy fix to replace the switch, but I have been told you have to remove the entire top of the washer to actually fix it. The paper should work for a while.
    kathleenfras Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 10:58 AM

I thank you all! It was the lid switch. My problem is resolved.
    zarathustra674 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Hey I had this same problem with a Kenmore Heavy Duty top loader about 8-9 years old. After reading this I first checked the switch. There were two screws holding it in place. Oh and simply pressing down on the switch with say a pencil or something didn't work. After removing the two phillips screws holding it in, I pulled it out which was a task since there wasn't much slack in the wiring harness.

The problem with mine was that the bottom of the switch had come loose from the upper part. I simply took a medium size zip tie and wrapped it around it tightened it as tight as possible then after finding that it worked I re-installed it.

Many thanks to everyone here for pointing me in the right direction. :).

And since you guys/gals were a big help, I figured I'd return the favor by posting what I found to be wrong with our machine.

Thanks again
    Griz
    mpetkus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 04:39 PM
    Yeah,
    Mine was the switch too. Thanks everyone! When we use appliances everyday, we take them for granted, but when they break, we burn up our nerves!!
    Thanks for saving me some dough!
    Man I (and don't we all... ) need it!
    Jobarr8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 07:09 PM
    I had the same problem, I backed out the two philips head screws and this assembled the lid switch and the copper contacts were broken. I put a small piece of aluminum foil to connect the contacts and walla! The washing machine started to drain water and the spin cycle worked! I'll need to replace the lid switch but that was the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washing machine model #23822100 Will not drain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was 3 minutes into a the washing cycle and it was making a sound like it was out of balance. I lifted the lid, adjusted the towels and shut the lid. It will not start. Not on any setting. It will click when I turn the dial like it wants to chance cycles, but nothing happens. Now, I...

Kenmore 70 Series Washing Machine won't drain [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved to a new house, so when I set up my washer and dryer the washing machine will fill up with water, but the water won't drain. I've taken the hose out of the wall and lower it and the water pours out... is there some kind of pump that I need to activate to get the washing machine to...

Washing machine won't rinse [ 1 Answers ]

My maytag washing machine will turn on, fill, agitate, but not rinse. It will go on to spin cycle and act like the cycle is finished. What is causing this?

Kenmore washing machine will not spin or drain [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore washer model 110.29812890 does not spin or drain. Sometimes if the hood is slammed it will spin and drain. Would this mean the lid switch is going and can I change it without difficulty? Does anyone have directions on how to change the lid switch if that is what you think is wrong?...

Kenmore washing machine won't drain after moving it [ 5 Answers ]

Sold machine it worked buyer says it won't drain water

View more questions Search