Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bunzmon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2013, 09:40 AM
    HP Deskjet 3600 won't print
    The mechanics of the printer seem to be working fine (printer head moves / there is ink and paper) but the docs sit in the queue. I tried 2 computers, 2 usb cords and tried resetting the printer with no luck. Someone said that I should reset the printer's hard drive - I did not know the printer had a hard drive - I would have thought it just had ram for the memory. If it does have a hard drive how do I reset it? Please let me know if you have any information which would help - I would hate to have to resort to using a pen and paper again.

Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Sound like a broken printer to me... it would very a very rare printer with a hard drive... those are restricted to higher end models and that's used if there is a mopier function... which I seriously doubt your inkjet has... I didn't feel like downloading a copy of the manual to look at it but if you had it, you would know it because you would have paid extra to get it, a lot more... its a function higher end business class machines might have. I don't think your was one of those.
    bunzmon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2013, 02:56 PM
    Thanks Smoothy - That's what I was thinking. So no secret remedies that you know of? If not, is it to the landfill or is there a place that recycles them?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2013, 04:00 PM
    I personally really HATE inkjet printers... they are very expensive to operate... the fact they are dirt cheap is deceiving. They rape you on ink.

If you really REALLY don't need color... you can buy a cheap HP Canon or Brother laser printer for not a lot more than $100... toner does dry out if you don't use it all the time... a toner cartridge typically gets you from 2,500 - 3,500 pages... and for not a lot more than in inkjet cartridge that might get you a hundred or more pages IF it doesn't dry out sooner.

Myself... I have a black and white laser printer for most of my printing jobs... and I have a color one for when I really need color because those cost more per page to use.

And the toner will be good 2 years from now or more... try and get a few months out of a inkjet cartridge before it dries out.. or runs out.

There are places that recycle them... If you live in a town or city contact them as they usually have a few recycle days a year... Some stores that sell these things will take the old ones for recycling... so ask them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP LaserJet 6L won't print [ 75 Answers ]

My HP LaserJet 6L won't print. I visited the HP website to download any recent drivers. According to the site, operating system Microsoft Windows XP comes with the driver for this printer. When I click on "Automaticly check if driver needs updating," I get an error message that reads, "HP...

HP deskjet 3600 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new user and was wondering where I can get an updated download for my HP deskjet 3600 printer so that it will work with O/S vista. Thanks

HP deskjet 3600, can't print [ 2 Answers ]

Please, can somebody help me?;) I have printer HP deskjet 3600. It has been working until trere was ink. Today I bought new ink, but mu printer could not print. On the monitor appears the message ''There is not paper'', but I put enough paper. I have that printer for two years and this is the...

My hp deskjet 3600 won't print! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my deskjet 3600 printer will not print word documents from word it says printing but it doesn't at all

Won't Print [ 1 Answers ]

I have styus C 80 printer .After being out of Blk. Ink for several months I finally replaced the cartridge. At 1st the paper would come out w/ nothing on it at all, Then I got a pop up saying among other things "THIS PRINTER COULD NOT BE INSTALLED,RESTART WINDOWS & THEN TRY AGAIN" . Now tonight I...

View more questions Search