Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tater68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Furnace ignites but shuts off after 5 seconds
    I have an older Armstrong forced air furnace. Pilot ignites the burners, blower motor runs then burners shut off. Control board is operating, thermostat is operating. There does not seem to be any condensing drain issues. Now what?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 3, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Im not completely familiar with this brand, but if it has a flame sensor, cleaning it will likely solve the problem. If your unit is new enough to have condensing drains, it most likely has a flame sensor.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2013, 06:59 PM
    Does the pilot stay on all the time or only when the thermostat is turned up to call for heat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace ignites then shuts down [ 3 Answers ]

When my Goodman furnace (CWP#00299785) turns on, the blower works and the burners ignite, but after a few seconds the burners extinguish. Then the burners ignite again for a few seconds and extinguish once again. Please tell me what part(s) I need and where those parts are located on the furnace....

Furnace ignites then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Turn temp to 70 Furnace runs until 70 degrees Maintains temperature for awhile - probably for a couple of hours At some point it stops maintaining the temperature and keeps kicking on and off. I've watched the thermostat - I'll actually turn the temp up to try to get it to kick in. The...

Gas furnace ignites, then goes out within 15 seconds [ 2 Answers ]

Last winter I had a hot plate igniter replaced. Near the end of spring the igniter would ignite the furnace and after 10 to 15 seconds, the flame would go out. About a minute later the hot plate igniter would glow, the gas will ignite for another few seconds and go out. After several cycles the...

Day&night furnace ignites burner then shuts off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to determine which part to replace on my 1989 day and night furnace. The furnace igniter lights the pilot when the t-stat calls for heat (I bypassed the t-stat to make sure the problem was not with the tstat by putting a jumper between the red and white to call for heat)....

Furnace ignites but blower won't start till furnace shuts down. [ 7 Answers ]

(Nordyne/Miller G3RA)-I have a furnace HSI(glow plug) that will ignite and burn until it gets too hot and shuts down. As soon as the furnace shuts down the blower starts to circulate air. The blower circulating air cools the furnace and it reignites.Shortly after the furnace ignites the blower...

View more questions Search