Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crazyhorse60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 07:05 AM
    Heater will heat, but fan will not turn off
    Hi. I have a big problem that is killing me. I have a central Heat and AC unit that works well, but the fan won't seem to turn off. The AC and Heat works well, but the fan just keeps on running. I was gone for 3 months for ARMY business and my wife did not know that this was not working right, so I had to pay a 360 dollar electric bill. I replaced the thermostat and it still seems to keep running. Can someone help me?? I hope it's a cheap fix. Thanks all!

Art
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2005, 08:51 AM
    The fan is controlled by a relay and with gas or oil, a limit switch. On newer furnaces the relay is on a control board, difficult to troubleshoot and repair. I would make sure the limit switch is open when the heat is off. If it is, you may be stuck with replacing the board.
    Crazyhorse60 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2005, 10:29 AM
    Thanks man. It ain't the information that I wanted to hear, but I got to get it fixed regardless. LOL.

Art
    lmcdonald2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 11:30 PM
    I was having the same problem, have an old Ruud furnace in attic, electrician came out, we replaced the thermostat, still problems, then he saw that the housing on the fan exhaust motor housing was cracked. Has to be replaced or carbon monoxide can leak into house he said, 400-700$!! Wonder if Duct tape would do the trick? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help heat won't turn off [ 3 Answers ]

My wife had our ac set on 78, well it has gotten pretty cold here lately so today while I was gone she turned the heat on. Now 6 hours later I had to turn off the power for it on the breaker to get the heat to turn off. The furnace was set on 73, but when I got home the thermostat was sitting at...

Gas forced air heater won't turn heat on [ 6 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat electric, shows "filter" change light blinking and won't turn on the heater when turned up. The thermostat will 'click' when temp turned up and I can manually turn on the fan but no fire in the heater. The thermostat is 1 year old, filter changed

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Help... The heat won't turn off! [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one could help before I dish out $$ to fix it. I'm hoping its something hubby can fix. We have to thermostats (1up stairs and 1 down). 1 AC unit. The heat is working just fine downstairs. Problem: The upstairs heat won't turn off. I turned the thermostate off. I...

How can I make Furnace fan automatically turn off when heater turns off? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Thermo Pride OH5-85. There are two manual switches installed next to the unit. One turns on the heater one the fan. I'm unable to find out how to have the heater and fan respond to my thermostat. :confused: Currently if the manual fan switch is on and the manual heater switch is on...

View more questions Search