Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosieo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 06:11 AM
    What does a limit switch on a Carrier look like? And where is it located?
    I have a carrier furnace with an igniter. I'm getting constant cold air blowing. No heat. Turned everything off and back on. I have a red light flashing 3 fast 3 slow. Don't know what it means. Where's the limit switch to try and reset it?
    rosieo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Someone online said to reset the limit switch on the furnace. I don't know where it is or what it looks like. I've turned everything on and off but can't get the furnace to ignite and give out heat. Can anyone help me with some simple suggestions I can understand?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 09:41 AM
    You are looking for a small round switch with two wires going to it. In between the wires there should be a very small "button" you can push to reset the switch. It may be located on the burner assembly (if it's a rollout switch that is tripped) or on or near the blower assembly if its an auxiliary high limit that is tripped. Look everywhere you can possibly look (use a good flashlight if necessary) in the furnace and try to find any items that have two wires going to it with a small button in the middle. The switch will most likely only be about the size of a dime or quarter in diameter, and about 1/2 to 3/4 inch tall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wher is the open high limit switch located on my trane xe 90 [ 0 Answers ]

It's not iginting just blowing cold air. It turn on OK this morn and reach the temp set at but the blower kept running blowing cload air. The trubleshotting light flaces 4 times then pulses which means heat sensor switch open/open high limit device. What can I do?

Where is limit control switch on carrier 58ss? [ 0 Answers ]

When I turned the ac off at the thermostat the fan keeps going.

I have a trane xe80 it is flasing high limit device where is that switch located [ 0 Answers ]

Where is the high limit switch on a trane xe80

Where is the high limit switch located on a Trane XR80 furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I was told by a Trane technician that either my high limit switch or the fan relay was causing my problems. The relay is on the control board, but where is the high limit switch

Where is the high limit switch located on a Trane XR80 furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace kicks the burner off when the fan starts. After 30 seconds the burner comes back on and then it runs through its cycle pretty much like it's supposed to. I was told by a Trane technician that it could either be the control panel orthe high limit switch. Where is the high limit switch...

View more questions Search