Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckles102 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Bathroom Sink overflow insert
    I have a double vanity with cultured marble sinks. The insert in the overflow is dried out and broken. I have not been able to find any kind of replacement for it. Any suggestions? Without the insert, the cultured marble finished surface tends to separate so I don't want to leave it exposed to cleaning.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
    Get some 5 minute epoxy and seal the tube to the sink. It may take a few coats to hold the tube.
    buckles102 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Get some 5 minute epoxy and seal the tube to the sink. It may take a few coats to hold the tube.
    There is no tube. This is just a surface insert that's oval in shape and sits inside the opening with a flange that sits on the surface to keep it from slipping inside the opening. The hole is about 1 1/4" long and about 3/16" high and sits horizontally. To protect the edge of the cultured marble and keep the surface from peeling away from the substrate, this plastic insert covers the edge and makes the hole more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The actual overflow drain is molded into the sink and flows from this opening on the near side of the sink down to the drain. Without this insert, the hole looks raw and unfinished. I hope I have explained it better the second time around.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 24, 2012, 10:34 AM
    Can you post a picture? Do you need instructions on how to do it? Back to you, Tom
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Then epoxy the flange. Many composite sinks use a plastic overflow tube.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
    I don't know...

You may be able to go over to home depot or Lowe's and check out the small (1/2)synthetic hoses they stock there. You can buy a 1 foot piece and then cut the hose in half (or just make a slit lengthwise), measure the distance needed and fold the cut hose into the overflow hole... might look OK if you find the right hose!

You could also look online... should be able to find gray/white hoses and use them... ;)

A dab or two of clear silicone on the hoses should hold them in place!

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub overflow after kitchen sink and bathroom sink use. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I live in 23 story condo. And every time I use kitchen sink or bathroom sink my bathtub gets filled with water. I have disposable in my kitchen sink. Have tried Drano but not working. What can I do?

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

How do you unclog an overflow line in the bathroom sink? [ 3 Answers ]

The bathroom sink has a strong odor coming from it. The drain line seems to work well but there is always standing water in the overflow hole. We don't let the water in the sink get high enough for the overflow to have to take on the excess but somehow water always seems to be there. I've tried...

No overflow bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently installed a bathroom sink. This one has no hole for the overflow, and no holes for the faucets so basically only one hole for the drain. Is there a specific way to do this type of plumbing since the water takes a very long time to go down.

Rusty bathroom sink overflow [ 3 Answers ]

My bathroom sink is draining very poorly. I snaked out the pipe, but found no clog. A plumber came for the same problem about a year ago and blamed it partly on our sinks overflow being very rusty and interfering with proper venting of the sink. Does this sound right and can the overflow be...

View more questions Search