Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bessy1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Want to sell a cool non-alcohol drink to restaurants
    Hi,

My name is Bessy and I am from El Salvador but live in Canada. People from Central America, have enjoy this cool non-alcoholic drink that is call 'Cola Champagne', it is very tasty and I would like to offer it to restaurants.
    I would take a sample of the drink to various restaurants' managers to taste if they like it.

I would like some help in writing a letter to restaurants.

Thank you,

Bessy
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 06:35 AM
    Do you have a patent on this product? If not then you could be headed for disater. You need to protect yourself. You may need to copyright the formula so no one can steal it from you. What is to stop them from making it on their own ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 07:29 AM
    Do you have a kitchen that will pass code to make it in. Is the product passed the food and drug inspection. Is the package meeting all the disclosure laws and product laws.
    Do you have product liability insranceu
    Bessy1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for the answers. This drink comes already in a bottle, I just have to go the store where it is sold and buy some. No special kitchen needed because I don't make the product.

It is sold in Canada so I am sure the package has met all the disclosure laws and product laws.

Why do I need product liability insurance? I don't own a business, like I said, I just go to the store where the product is sold and buy some.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bessy1971 View Post
    Thank you for the answers. This drink comes already in a bottle, I just have to go the store where it is sold and buy some. No special kitchen needed because I don't make the product.

It is sold in Canada so I am sure the package has met all the disclosure laws and product laws.

Why do I need product liability insurance? I don't own a business, like I said, I just go to the store where the product is sold and buy some.
    So you plan to buy bottles of this and sell them at a higher price so you get profit?

Does the company that makes this product know you are going to do this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 19, 2012, 05:17 AM
    Restaurants get all their food at a discount. They won't pay you going retail rate plus your profit! If they drink it and like it, they will just order it from the distributor. If you want to be a middleman, you need to contact the distributor to order it wholesale in large enough quantity to get the discount. If you don't know who that is, ask a store that sells it, and if they won't tell you, contact the manufacturer.
    Business is a lot more work than I think you are prepared for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 05:58 AM
    Yes, most products will be bought at about 30 to 40 percent less than retail though the wholesale company. As noted, you will have to become a wholesaler and buy it in bulk and sell it at about 30 percent less than it sells for in the retail store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG Alcohol Test - 3 Drink total [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I'm 21-5'5"-125 lbs. I'm currently on probation and have random drug/alcohol tests. On Sunday, I consumed 2 beers and stopped at 12:30 AM (Technically MON). On Tuesday, I consumed another beer that ended at 10PM. I have to go see my probation officer tomorrow (Friday 10AM). Would I pass an...

Can I drink alcohol now? [ 1 Answers ]

The last day of my period was on January 2nd. 2010. I have been off the pill since then. My husband and I are trying to have a baby. My queston is... Is it OK to have alcohol during this time? Before I would (if pregnant) miss my next period? (which would be one January 27th?)

Cool restaurants in Atlanta, GA? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a cool restaurant that a group of 18 year olds would like in Atlanta? Something unique and a cool experience? I've been to café istanbul, which was AWESOME, there were belly dancers and hookah and it was tons of fun. Something along those lines, not necessarily the same type of...

Burning sensation when drink alcohol [ 1 Answers ]

When I drink any alcohol within minutes, maybe even seconds I get a burning sensation in my vagina, kind of the same feeling as cystitus, it happens whatever alcohol I drink and I feel like I have to pee but then there's nothing there, I'm quite worried as I though that it would take longer than...

Why Drink Alcohol [ 46 Answers ]

I have read so many stories of alcohlics,mothers,fathers and even kids who binge drink. Then there are those who party and drink (so called "social "drinkers). As I have never tasted alcohol nor have any plans to try it, I keep wondering... Why do families drink in front of kids?...

View more questions Search