koopa83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 06:12 PM
    How much time do you get for a gun charge first time offender
    How much time do you get for a gun charge first time offender
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Hello k:

Well it depends on what you did with the gun and what your state laws are. If you shot somebody, I'd worry a little bit. But if you just possessed one where you weren't supposed to, that's different... Still, there's no way to tell. Possession of a gun in Arizona is just fine. Possession of one in NY City ain't.

In either case, I'd hire a good lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2008, 07:22 PM

Yes, it is impossible to say without knowing what you did with the gun.
    edwinguz1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2009, 08:47 AM
    How much time can you get for a federal gun charge; the charges are importing/manufacturing firearms;engaging in a business without a license(firearm) transferring of firearm to a out of state resident. Sold four guns
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 08:56 AM

Hello ed:

You should have started your own thread... But, I know it's not clear.. Lots of newbies make that mistake.. No problem. Maybe somebody will come along and move it...

Dude! There's a LOT of factors that go into sentencing on a charge like this and you haven't provided ANY of them. SOME of them might be whether you have a record, or how good your lawyer is, or whether you're guilty, or how bad the feds wanted you, or how much you cooperate (snitch), or how old you are, or how much family and community support you have, or how much MONEY you have... And, I've only just begun...

Suffice to say, that you're in lots of trouble. If you're convicted you'll do time. Hire the best lawyer you can, and STOP talking to the cops.

excon
    jimbobjimmer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 10:56 PM
    What if your charges are being an addict with a gun? First time offender
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Hello j:

I don't think being an addict with a gun IS a crime... Tell me more so I can help.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2012, 06:09 AM
    That's the charge - ? Addict with a gun? Where?

On probation?
    kathybear53262 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Hi my so had a concealed weapon's permit but was arrested for pointing the gun at his girlfriend in front of a medical center second degree asalt with a deadly weapon and to felony harassment charged and this is his first conviction what can they do to him
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 18, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Kathy, we have 50 states in the U.S. and you haven't even told us your friend is in one of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Time Felon With Gun Charge [ 8 Answers ]

My son is 19 years old. He just got charged with his first felony for carring a concealed weapon. In the past, he has incurred other minor charges. Such as having marijuana this charge was paid out. He also had a driving charge of operating a vehicle with out license, this charge was paid out as...

I have 7 counts against me I am a first time offender [ 12 Answers ]

I have seven counts against me I am 20 years old I work part-time go to school and do community service hours. But I got caught up in something really stupid and now I face seven counts which include fraud under C.C. 380(1) 2 counts, Uttering forged document C.C. 368(1)(a) 2 counts, possession...

Regretful first time offender. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I obviously made a really bad decision and tried shoplifting from the Bay. The instore security piced me up and charged me. The Police came and said if they decide to charge me I'll know by mail in a month or two. What should I do know? I regret doing it and I can't imagine having to wait 2...

First-time offender shoplifting [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 60 yr-old, unemployed caught shoplifting first time of S$46.00 valued. What will be the penalty in Singapore law?

Felony charge second time [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering something. Say that you get convicted for felony theft and you are serving your punishment , say probation or house arrest. Then something from your past comes up and you get charged with another felony theft charge. But this second offense was committed three years ago....

View more questions Search