Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basketballrox13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 05:32 AM
    How to dip dye brown hair with kool-aid? An what colors look best?
    Hi Im a brunet and I wanted to dye my hair again with Kool Aid because my streak is fading and my I tried to dye it again but it didn't work. What should I do?? OOO and also my parents won't let dye or bleach my hair or anything like that so if I need to lighten it I need homemade bleaching recipes.
    wefloataround Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
    I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. My hair is brown and I got natural-looking highlights for a few years but am now growing them out. I want something fun and different for the summer but don't intend to bleach my hair or do anything too permanent. I've been watching a whole lot of tutorials and this is what I'm going to do.

First, I'm going to lighten the ends using the DIY lemon thing. Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y2zfh3Q9-c&feature=related
    (obviously I'll just spray the formula on the bottom half of my hair)

Afterwards, I'll dip dye it with kool-aid. My hair color will probably not be too light yet, it definitely won't look blonde, so I'll have to suit for a color "effect" rather than something drastic. From what I've read, people with darker hair should stay away from the purple kool-aid because it might not work at all. I'd go for either red, pink or teal... or some combination of the 3.
    andrea-grace Posts: 10, Reputation: -3

Jun 19, 2012, 10:23 AM
    Well I would like to say that by putting your hair in lemon juice,baking power, and water, it will not look any lighter but it makes your hair (open) to obsorb anything with colour, so I suggest to try that then if you use red, orange, blue or green kool-aid it would work best. I hope this helps!
    wefloataround Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 12:44 PM
    Lemon can make your hair lighter with a couple of applications if you expose it to the sun.
    XxPunk_Princess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 06:40 AM
    I'm going to try this soon :) what I am planning on doing is not bleaching or anything my hair. I am going to get UNSWEETEND koolaid (im doing red so I'm going to get tropical punch because that's my fav) I'm not sure which I'm going to do yet the conditioner one or the one where you boil it.. most people say the boiling one lasts longer but I'm not sure
    peeeeee_yu0m Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Well, I got a mighty bad infection for drinking my dogs urine, and after I dyed my hair, it all went away! I dyed it with yellow, bacause yellow is my FAVOURITE colour. See, I LOVE yellow, all sorts of kinds of yellow... :) hope it helped
    pinkygirlxoxo21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 12:10 PM
    Hi. I have light brown hair. I really want to try to koolaid on the bottom of my hair and my all time favorite color is pink! The few problems with that is I don't if pink will work in my hair and I don't know where to find pink koolaid! I once tried dying my hair with red koolaid on the bottom but it didn't come out. Could someone please suggest some colors that can make pink or where to find pink or if pink will actually work in my hair? If pink dosen't work on brown hair, can I have suggestions on what would work? Thanks!
    kawiibear447 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 02:45 PM
    I have very dark brown hair and I'm planning to dye my hair red would it work please reply before I get the packets and waste money :)
    Nataliee07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 04:41 PM
    I have dark brown hair and I have tried many colors but honestly the best color you can use to dye your hair is red. When I did red it turned out very good. I did this about a week ago and it still looks like I just did it the day before...
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Nov 11, 2012, 09:40 PM
    If you put Kool-Aid in your hair, good luck trying to get it out once you're sick of it or it turns out looking horrid. Just read all the posts on here about "HELP - how do I get this Kool-Aid out of my hair" and you'll see what I mean. Please think before you do this. Good luck dear!
    savyb6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 10:22 PM
    The color red will work in any color hair but the thicker and darker your hair the longer you should leave it in for also the more kool-aid packets u should use and less water ex: 3 packages of kool-aid with the amount of water for 2 packages.
    Emma Liliac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2013, 01:50 PM
    I have medium brown hair and I decided that I wanted to add a little spice of color to my hair so I about a pack of purple Kool Aid and did the bottom layer of my hair in the back with the conditioner method. After 8 hours of anticipation and walking around looking like a goofball it did not work at all. Unless you have really light hair I would suggest to stay away from purple or any other dark color and go for a red or some color along those lines I have not tried the red Kool-Aid on my hair yet but for most people I know who have dark hair and tried it worked for them really well. The hard part about the Kool-Aid dying your hair thing is that everyone has different hair type (not just color)so it turn out different for everyone. The plus side is that a pack of Kool-Aid is like 20cents so its not like your really wasting money. Hope this was helpful! Also if anyone has brown hair and found another color that works please let me know!
    Skylagirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 02:20 PM
    If you put your hair in lemon juice, baking powder, and water first, (let it dry) it will soak in the color more and get rid of grease as well. Put 2 packs of kook aid in (red, blue, and green are the best) and boil it in water. The less water you put in, the bolder it will look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get Kool Aid out of my hair! [ 70 Answers ]

I have really blonde hair and have never dyed it before. I thought it would be fun to put a red streak in my hair for the summer. Internet how to's said that the dye should come out in two to three washes. Now that summer is almost over I've tried everything to try and get it out. Baking soda,...

How to get dark red Kool Aid out of blonde hair? [ 5 Answers ]

I dip dyed my hair with cherry and purple Kool Aid mixed together and now it is very dark red :s How can I get this out? I boiled the Kool Aid and then dipped my hair in it for about 7mins

How to dip dye brown hair with kool-aid? An what colors look best? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Im a brunet and I wanted to dye my hair again with Kool Aid because my streak is fading and my I tried to dye it again but it didn't work. What should I do??

Kool aid hair [ 0 Answers ]

I put red Kool Aid in my hair about a month ago and now I really want it out. What is the most effective way of getting it out?

View more questions Search