Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    segah69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 11:05 AM
    I need to know how to hook up a shallow well pump and bladder tank in my home
    I need to know how to hook up a shallow well pump and tank in my home?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 01:58 PM

Need a little more info. Is the pump already hooked up to wellpipe? Is anything already in place or is this starting from nothing?
    matamoros20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Starting from nothing

How to install a shallow well with pump and tank

I want to install a shallow well pump with no tank for irrigation

[QUOTE=matamoros20;3321069]I want to install a shallow well pump with no tank for irrigation, the pump is a 11/2 HP and water is about 25 deep
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Hi matamoros and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AskMeHelpDesk.com You are responding to a 3 year old dead thread. Please check the date before you post. Thanks,
    You've posted 4 times in the same thread. I merged them to tidy up the thread If the future if you wish to add something simply click the Edit button at the bottom right of your post.
    Will this diagram help you out? Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Mat, it just so happens that 25' is kind of a magical depth. A simple shallow well pump will not work at much past 25'. So you can give it a shot and just see. You'll drop a 1" line with a footvalve on the end down the well. Use PVC. Try to get at least 5' below the water surface, but not sitting on the well bottom. Hook up to your pump. Prime it, and see if you get water.

This will help: installing a shallow well pump.wmv - YouTube

What he calls a checkvalve (on the end of the wellpipe) is typically called a footvalve.

The CV he installed above ground in strictly optional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Storage Tank or Bladder Tank? [ 8 Answers ]

We just had a new well put in. The well person installed a 220 gallon storage tank (not bladder) when we turn on our sprinkler system our submersible well pump cuts in every 50seconds. We are using approximately 16 gallons per minute. Should the well person have put in a bladder tank instead of a...

Air infiltration, well, submersible pump, bladder tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a shallow well with a submersible pump and a bladder pressure tank. Yesterday I noticed air coming out of the faucets, etc.. When I checked the plumbing around the pressure tank I could see the particle filter case was almost full of air. I have clear braided hose on both the feed to the...

Do I need to hook air to a bladder tank to get a prime on a non submersable pump [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to hook air to a bladder tank to bleed it

Well pump takes 5 minutes to fill bladder holding tank [ 12 Answers ]

Last year we installed a new bladder holding tank. Pressure set at about 27 lb since pump turns on at 30LB. After installation pump was running a long time to fill pressure tank. If drawing water from multiple sources at one time once pressure dropped and pump went on it could not supply enough...

Shallow Septic Tank [ 1 Answers ]

Hi again, Because of the height of the water table, my new septic tank will be very shallow. The top will be at about ground level, and the entry to the tank will be 7 inches below grade. I'm worried about running a drain to it at the right pitch. The house is on a slab, with the existing...

View more questions Search