Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reburnett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 01:05 AM
    How to relight my bradford white water heater?
    Tried to re light my Bradford White water heater. I pushed in the pilot knob for 90 seconds and then pressed the ignite button twice with the pilot knob pushed in for another 60 seconds but the water heater will not light.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 28, 2011, 05:21 AM
    Hi Reburnett

Click the piezo igniter like 10-15 times while holding the pilot button down. Do this a couple times if needed and be sure to look through the little window at the combustion chamber to confirm that the pilot lit or not.

If the pilot lights and then goes out or the pilot simply doesn't light then the entire THERMOCOUPLE ASSEMBLY and the DOOR GASKET will need to be replaced. These parts will be readily available at any plumbing supply store that carries Bradford White water heaters, OK?

Back to you...

Mark

PS: If the gas line was disconnected then you will need to purge the line of air before lighting the pilot (loosen union fitting), but if the gas line was not disturbed DO NOT disconnect and purge as that will NOT be needed or helpful to you.
    luke0405 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 06:27 AM
    How do I locate the piezo button on the bradford hot water tank?
    luke0405 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2012, 06:29 AM
    Where is the piezo button located on the bradford hot water tank?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 10, 2012, 09:32 AM
    If your heater has a piezo button it will be located right on the gas thermostat/valve itself... see image. The ignitor could be green (as in picture) or it could be red/black and located more to the side of the gas valve.

If your water heater doesn't have this igniter then you could have an electronic ignition (different issue here) or you have an older model water heater with an open combustion chamber and you need to light the pilot with a flame source of some kind... ;)

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bradford White water heater will not light [ 5 Answers ]

Today I installed an new in box Bradford White natural gas water heater. It has a white Honeywell control valve with piezo igniter and LED. I verified that there is gas to the control valve, but the heater will not light. I do not hear any gas flowing when I press the gas control valve in the...

Bradford white water heater ignitor [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for me to replace the ignitor on my water heater I have the new electric valve

11 year old "Bradford/White" water heater has hot water to begin shower but within 7 [ 3 Answers ]

11 year old Bradford/White water heater runs out of hot water in less time than it takes to take a shower. Has very hot water to begin with. Is it time to replace?

Bradford White Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a residential, natural gas water heater made by Bradford White. The following is printed on the sticker: Bradford White Corporation 321 Norriston Rd, Ambler, PA 19002 Model: MI403T6EN12 Serial: TH6451583 Dash No: -337H-ALT Trying to find an owner's/installation/operation manual...

View more questions Search